What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you back up your media?

What do you use to back up your media and files?

• Total voters

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to rebuild My Pc a few times lately and had trouble losing a few songs and apps etc. Got them back but what a pain. Anyway now I run itunes etc from an external hard drive rather than the usual default C: etc, Same for private files and torrents.

I'm considering getting a NAS and doing it that way or even a cloud account, Just wondered what the more technical people on here like me are doing?

Just being nosey :p

Last edited:

Sam021

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to rebuild My Pc a few times lately and had trouble losing a few songs and apps etc. Got them back but what a pain. Anyway now I run itunes etc from an external hard drive rather than the usual default C: etc, Same for private files and torrents.

I'm considering getting a NAS and doing it that way or even a cloud account, Just wondered what the more technical people on here like me are doing?

I have tried this a few times, it's not good but it saves time.
This method uses iTunes to change its library to your external hard drive then it will consolidates its files.
I will not explain it further as I don't want to confuse you, I'm sure there are great experts here that can walk you through step by step.
If you don't want to wait use google and search how to change library.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You missed an option from your poll for people like me - "I never back up my iPad - I trust the technology" :(

Tim

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This method uses iTunes to change its library to your external hard drive then it will consolidates its files.
I will not explain it further as I don't want to confuse you, I'm sure there are great experts here that can walk you through step by step.

You mis-read my post, I already run itunes from outside the Pc. All my media is now on an external hard drive. Just making sure this is the best, most common option really?

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am seriously considering a Drobo box... Pricey, but a friend has one and it seems like a decent piece of hardware.

Sam021

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You mis-read my post, I already run itunes from outside the Pc. All my media is now on an external hard drive. Just making sure this is the best, most common option really?

Oh I'm sorry for that, yes I suppose an external hard drive is the best option yet available to people.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, on my MacPro I use an internal live back-up and an external live back-up as well as a Time Machine together with iDisk and Drop Box. Now, once the iCloud is fully deployed, that could change everything.

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Oh I'm sorry for that, yes I suppose an external hard drive is the best option yet available to people.

No problem at all, Looks like best option is the external drive then. Thanks all, Put my mind at rest a bit. Cheers

Most reactions