What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i use my Android phone as a hotspot?

Violinsvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before iOS, it was no problem to connect to the internet via a hotspot created by the phone, but now even though it connects and shows its fully connected, it tells me that its not connected to the internet. Does anyone experience the same problem, and is there a way to fix/bypass this? Thanks!

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have found nothing unique about the iPad which would explain why it would NOT work with an android hotspot where other devices would. My first instinct is to suspect the phone settings have somehow changed. Perhaps the option to connect to the "mobile network" (wireless and networks) has somehow become unselected on your phone?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The usual fix for this is to restart the router and forget then rejoin the network on the iPad. Since you are using a phone I suggest restarting your Android phone, and while it is off going into the iPad's Settings > General > Reset and Reset Network Settings; then give it another try.

Last edited:
OP
V

Violinsvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick respone, yet no answers helped me. The error message i get is something like could not establish connection to the internet. I tried completely forgetting the network as well but with no luck.. I find it very strange, cause before i updated to iOS 5.0 i have never had any problems whatsoever.

OP
V

Violinsvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot open page since it could not establish connection to the internet. Something like thatcis thr message i get when i try to go online. Hope you guys have some sort of solution

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You've got 5.0, did you go ahead and update to 5.01? You can do it from the iPad's Settings > General > Software Update. This is a delta update, so it erases nothing and is much faster; but only if you do it directly from the iPad. If you do it from iTunes it does the usual full update.

A reset may not be a bad idea, if you haven't done one yet.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes when I have had problems with my iPad and android hotspot, a change and reset of the hotspot security code will fix it.

OP
V

Violinsvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it very odd, still not working. I told the local apple sealer about my problem, and he told me that he had never heard anything about issues using an android phone as a router. I would rather want to avoid the 5.0.1 update since im hoping for a JB on my current iOS.. What should i do? Format my whole device, or what? And is it possible to keep iOS 5 even though its revooted?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it very odd, still not working. I told the local apple sealer about my problem, and he told me that he had never heard anything about issues using an android phone as a router. I would rather want to avoid the 5.0.1 update since im hoping for a JB on my current iOS.. What should i do? Format my whole device, or what? And is it possible to keep iOS 5 even though its revooted?

I think you're asking the wrong folks. The problem appears to be in the tethering capabilities of your phone. If that's the case, the proper channel is to look for support from your carrier. Now why wouldn't you do that? I think I know. If I'm wrong and you are paying for tethering from your carrier, that's the place to ask the question.

OP
V

Violinsvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, you were right, i booted my phone instead, and now its running as intended. Thank you for your answers guys! Merry christmas

Most reactions

Latest posts