What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I save a backup to ios 4.3?

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading about all the problems after updating to ios5, I'm hesitant to update. Is there something I can do before updating so I could go back to 4.3? I know many of you love ios5 but I'm happy with my ipad the way it is.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
linsipad if your happy as it is, don't do anything, if you haven't saved your blobs then it's too late to try now. So sit back and enjoy what you have.

Your not jail broken then updating to iOS 5 won't do you any harm, for now it would be an improvement to what you have.

The choice is yours, but if you weren't thinking of jail breaking, I'm not sure if your iPad 1 or 2, then the way forward would be to update.....but let's see what others say first.

Good luck

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downgrading an iPad and saving SHSH Blobs technically have NOTHING to do with jailbreaking. Anyone who wants to possiblility of downgrading their iPad in the future should have looked into SHSH Blobs. The sad truth is that now it is TOO LATE.
The tutorial linked above may mention jailbreaking, but it should be quite clear reading it that that is not a pre-requisite.

The salient point, rendering the whole discussion moot, is this -

Remember - without saved SHSH Blobs for the firmware you want to restore there is no way to restore it on your device. If you don't have them then sorry, you are out of luck

And you won't have SHSH Blobs, so no downgrade. Sorry.

OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean that I cannot do this even though I have not upgraded to ios5?

OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for sounding like such a dummy. I am new to this.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
linsipad said:
It's an ipad2.

OK, then once you go to 5.0 you are stuck there. Obviously, you can stay at 4.3 for as long as you choose to yourself though... Its your choice. Just no way back once you upgrade.

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
OK, then once you go to 5.0 you are stuck there. Obviously, you can stay at 4.3 for as long as you choose to yourself though... Its your choice. Just no way back once you upgrade.

That's not true if the downgrade process is the same as the iPhone. I downgraded from 5.0 to 4.3.5 on my iPhone simply because I needed the Baseband Inorder for my phone to be unlocked using Gevey SIM

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dlo said:
That's not true if the downgrade process is the same as the iPhone. I downgraded from 5.0 to 4.3.5 on my iPhone simply because I needed the Baseband Inorder for my phone to be unlocked using Gevey SIM

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

It is absolutely true. An iPad2 is not an iPhone4 and the user stated they have no saved blobs and can therefore never downgrade as things stand.

You undoubtedly downgraded when 4.3.5 was still being signed if the baseband downgraded. You no doubt followed a tutorial such as this in order to get a gevey SIM working again - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ios5-beta-baseband-04-11-08-04-10-01-a-20452/ That is no longer possible either, since the 4.3.5 signing window was closed at 20:00 GMT on 17th October.

Please check your facts before challenging perfectly accurate advice with inaccurate contradiction. We try very hard here to ensure our members are given the best possible advice regarding jailbreaking their devices, and whilst your contribution is welcome, don't make assumptions about one device behaving just like another, particularly not iPhones and iPads.

Last edited:
OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. In reading the sticky, it looks like I can only save blobs to current version. Guess I missed the timeframe.

Most reactions

Latest posts