What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i remove colorkeyboard without cydia, ifile, or through restoring?

pie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here, and i'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have a jailbroken ipad 2 and i installed colorkeyboard. i resprung, then went to apply some themes. no respring button throughout the ipad worked, so i rebooted. it took 4 hours to reboot, and when it did, only a few apps worked. cydia, ifile, dreamboard, and settings extensions are all broken. I have searched long and hard, but i cant find the filesystem content to remove it with iexplorer. i have tried to do a restore, but that failed. all i want is either a screenshot(s) of the filesystem content from colorkeyboard, or a list of it. i know someone has to have it, please help me.
pm me or email me Edited by Moderator - no email address's please

Last edited by a moderator:

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way you could just respring it in safe mode or do you not have any installed shortcut for that? If you have an app called springboard settings if you slide left on the top bar you might be able to put it in safe mode.

Can't give you an idea about where to find it but I can tell you it is always a good idea to have one or more options for accessing safe mode when you have a tweak go rouge. I have a couple different ways on my devices in which my #1 goto for my devices is to toggle the mute switch repeatedly and my device will respring in safe mode. Has saved me from many headaches. This has to be installed beforehand of course.

Here's a link to another post which covers different ways to access safe mode. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

If anything it can be a lesson learned to have a plan B ready just in case.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a file location for ya.

Best of luck!

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have access to Cydia on my iPad 3, but there is a tweak there that allows you to remove other tweaks/Cydia apps like any from the AppStore. Pending that, I believe you can look across the bottom of the Cydia screen and I believe there is a button for "Installed" apps. Scroll down those until you see the app/tweak you want to delete; swipe or tap it (I don't remember now) and a box should come up in the upper right hand corner of the screen allowing you to upgrade or delete. Hope that helps.

Most reactions