What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help with cydia

mowgzipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently jailbroken my iPad and Cydia was working perfectly fine and all of the sudden I can't open it.When I open it, it closes down again but it still shows on my open apps. I've tried erasing all setting and content but then my ipad goes black with a white circle so I reboot it and when I put it into DFU modeI can't restore it. I've tried lots of stuff. Please tell me either how to restore my ipad or fix cydia:(

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why cant you restore it?. First of all, Erase all contenet and settings on a JB iDebice causes a boot loop. Are you you getting errors?

OP
M

mowgzipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why cant you restore it?. First of all, Erase all contenet and settings on a JB iDebice causes a boot loop. Are you you getting errors?
yeah in itunes it when I click on restore it starts downloading a file which keeps failing. btw I have an ipad 3rd gen with ios 5.1.1

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mowgzipad said:
yeah in itunes it when I click on restore it starts downloading a file which keeps failing. btw I have an ipad 3rd gen with ios 5.1.1

Download the file from the internet. Not internet explorer though. Save it to your desktop. Then hold shift and click restore in iTunes. Find the file and it will install

OP
M

mowgzipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ive tried it with my version of ipad but it always says not compatible. my main problem is that when i click restore in itunes its starts downloading the update wich around 10% through the download it says " there was a problem downloading the software the network timed out. if i could download this file it might help but it fails:thumbsdown:. thanks so much for help

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mowgzipad said:
ive tried it with my version of ipad but it always says not compatible. my main problem is that when i click restore in itunes its starts downloading the update wich around 10% through the download it says " there was a problem downloading the software the network timed out. if i could download this file it might help but it fails:thumbsdown:. thanks so much for help

Well download linpack and see which model iPad you have. There is 3,1 3,2 3,3

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mowgzipad said:
Will try but is there any way to download the update from iTunes without failing?

Get linpack to find out which model you have.
Download the corresponding file

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you seem to be getting yourself into a bit of a muddle, try following our failsafe tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

In that thread there is also a link to our firmware download thread. Download the 5.1.1 file for the iPad3. You need to make the right choice as to whether you have the wifi only model, or the 4G GSM model (the version where you can use a SIM card in the side). You won't have the 4G CDMA model, so it's s simple choice between those first two.

Follow the tutorial steps and you will get it restored no problem.

I will also move this thread to the hacking section.

OP
M

mowgzipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Linpack says I have an iPad 3,3 but I know that mine is wifi and it can have a sim card so which one is that!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Linpack says I have an iPad 3,3 but I know that mine is wifi and it can have a sim card so which one is that!

As I said in my response - "4G GSM model (the version where you can use a SIM card in the side)", so if you can put a SIM in it, you have the GSM model ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts