What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I record audio from an ipad

timporteruk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, first post and first question on the forums.

I'm working on an animation job for a mobile phone company who want a couple of videos to showcase a variety of different ipad and iphone apps.

The problem I have is that I need to record the sound effects from the apps themselves and import them into my software on the PC. What is the best way to record audio from an ipad?

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution than to just hold a microphone up to the ipad speaker... Could I use a line out cable maybe? Is there an app on the ipad to record any sound effects from other apps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure there are adaptors that you can use with the headphone jack. You may have to play with the volume level a bit, but it should work well enough.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the poet suggests, a line-out cable is most likely the best solution. It would not be possible for an app to record the sound from another app, because apps in the iPad are 'sandboxed' and cannot interact in the way that would be necessary for this to happen. On a PC it's not a problem, but it's not possible on a (non jail broken) iPad.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts