What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I rate a music video? - syncs with iTunes

powermixx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using iOS 10.3 on the iPad Pro, how do I apply a "star" rating of 1 to 5 stars to a music video? I can do it on iOS 9 on other devices, but iOS 10 is different. And I'm new to it.

Again, a star rating. Not the heart icon or dislike. The star rating syncs back with iTunes. That's just what I need.

Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

The only way to give star ratings in iOS 10 is by using Siri. Every other option has been removed, there's just the feature to love or dislike a song.

Play the song or video, and tell Siri to "rate this song five stars", or whichever rating you'd like to give.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
P

powermixx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that's kinda cool. Although it's a D move they removed it - I had been asking for the ability to rate videos forever, LOL. Anyway another work-around is to add songs you want a "1 star" to a playlist. It's kinda easy and very similar to ratings. I really appreciate the Siri tip! Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple restored the Star feature a while ago (in a point release I think), but you have to turn it on in Settings > Music. Long press on a song for the usual option list. It only appears to work for individual tracks, not albums.

Because I'm on iOS 11 public beta there is a small chance that this won't work on iOS 10; but I'm pretty sure it will. If not, well, iOS 11 will be released in less than a week.

CB37A721-6668-4BB9-97B7-43D89808B63F.jpeg

Most reactions