What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make a search within iPad

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am running the latest OS on my iPad 2. Now to the question. A thought struck me and that being, should I misplace my iPad or iPhone, how would I be able to locate it using the "Locate my iPad/iPhone" function from from either of these devices.

I thought I would do a search for the answer using my iPad, but guess what, I do not even know how to do that as I cannot find a search input box. I am reasonable sure that in the previous version of the OS there was a search function. Surely that function has not been removed?

So it would now appear that a single question has turned out to be a two pronged question

Any and all answers would be most appreciated.

Regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all. I am running the latest OS on my iPad 2. Now to the question. A thought struck me and that being, should I misplace my iPad or iPhone, how would I be able to locate it using the "Locate my iPad/iPhone" function from from either of these devices. I thought I would do a search for the answer using my iPad, but guess what, I do not even know how to do that as I cannot find a search input box. I am reasonable sure that in the previous version of the OS there was a search function. Surely that function has not been removed? So it would now appear that a single question has turned out to be a two pronged question dde30 Any and all answers would be most appreciated. Regards
in regards to find my iPhone, make sure it is turned on on all your devices, it can't be used to track your devices if it's turned off. To track your devices from a Mac or one of your iOS devices, open the find my iPhone app and log in. You'll have the option to find the current position of any or all of your devices.

To do a search on the iPad, place a finger mid screen on any homescreen and swipe down, the search box and keyboard will be revealed.

image-1200356890.jpg

ninety5eclipz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also track from iCloud dot com. Make sure to remember your iCloud account info. Set up your account properly and remember your security questions. Forgetting this info could lead to problems later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys..

I will go to iTunes and download the find my phone/iPad" app, if I can find it and go from there.

Regards

Most reactions