What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i install app on apple Tv

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to install the bbc player app on my apple tv, I can stream bbc iplayer programmes using my iPad to Apple TV but how can I install the app on the Apple TV itself so I don't need to use the iPad? Thanks in advance for the help

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless the company has developed an on-board channel/app for the ATV iOS, you'd have to jailbreak your Apple TV, and that's also assuming someone has developed an unofficial version of the stream

The Apple TV is limited on what you can have on it, and is not as open as the mobile iOS platform where you have a plethora of apps that you can purchase and install. Alternatively, you can AirPlay from your computer/laptop to our Apple TV to stream, which still requires another device connected to your AppleTV

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts