What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get out of Recovery Mode?

Vitex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is currently running a jailbroken version of ios 7, I can't recall which one it was.

My i iPad 3 was stuck in a booting loop, so i tried to re-spring it by hooding in the the home and sleep buttons. I did it wrong and it ended up going into recovery mode and I couldn't get it out. i have tried using tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode, but it doesn't work. It either turns off and shows the charging logo, or it will just say Sending exit recovery request and do nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what i can do to get out of recovery mode, restoring will be my last option.

Thanks in advance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get a stock iPad out of recovery mode, restart it or wait for 15 minutes. I don't know if this will work with a jailbroken device, but you could try.

OP
V

Vitex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't restart it when i turn it off, it stays off, as if it is out of battery and i can only turn it back on by plugging it into a charger.
By the way, i left my iPad to charge over night so I don't think it is out of battery.

Thanks for trying to help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you are Jailbroken, I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where the good folk there will be better able to help you.

Good luck with your issue!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You won't be able to get it out of Recovery Mode without restoring. Because you're on the iPad 3 as well as iOS 7, there are no exploits to take advantage of to kick the device out of Recovery Mode using TinyUmbrella, and by attempting to use it, you'll disrupt and corrupt the boot chain, resulting in a boot loop. The only way to get your device working at all would be to restore in DFU fresh to 7.1.1, and losing your jailbreak. TinyUmbrella is essentially only usable on pre-A5 devices unless you're on iOS 5.X on the iPad 2 and 5.1.1 only for the iPad 3.

mattmarz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
download tiny umbrella on the computer open the application plug your phone to the computer and click exit recovery on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't be able to get it out of Recovery Mode without restoring. Because you're on the iPad 3 as well as iOS 7, there are no exploits to take advantage of to kick the device out of Recovery Mode using TinyUmbrella, and by attempting to use it, you'll disrupt and corrupt the boot chain, resulting in a boot loop. The only way to get your device working at all would be to restore in DFU fresh to 7.1.1, and losing your jailbreak. TinyUmbrella is essentially only usable on pre-A5 devices unless you're on iOS 5.X on the iPad 2 and 5.1.1 only for the iPad 3.

download tiny umbrella on the computer open the application plug your phone to the computer and click exit recovery on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum. Given the clear explanation by willerz2, it seems using TinyUmbrella will not solve the OP's problem, which refers to an iPad 3 on iOS7.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

bab2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a factory restore is require. And since Cydia or tinyumbrella couldn't save ios version authentication keys, you will be force to install the latest existing ios version unfortunately causing you to loose your JB until a new one surface again. I feel your pain as I was recently into that position with my iPhone sucked in recovery mode, there was nothing I could do to come out recovery mode or to save my JB with ios 7.0.6
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts