What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get .mkv on my ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep trying to add ~2gb mkv files through ITunes using the "Add file to library", but whenever I do, nothing happens. I have been having to convert them to .mp4 and then it works fine. How can I get mkv on there? The mp4 are the same filesize so it seems pointless to go through all this conversion

Maya0724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you are on a Mac you need perlian and apple QuickTime pro.. Just export as a pass through as a . Mp4 and it works great... If you need further steps just ask.

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont want to convert it, I want to view it as mkv. Is there an app i can use that will allow me to copy files to my ipad without using itunes?

Maya0724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not converting the video just the audio.. It's takes like 3 mins... As appose to converting the video and audio which takes forever... The video remain untouched and very high resolution.

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well im not on a mac so i guess it doesnt matter. any other ideas?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use an app called AVPlayer HD. It will let you transfer files by HTTP or FTP. So you run the app, set up the server, log into your iPad on your PCs browser, then select the file you want to transfer. I moved a 6.6GB mkv file last night using this app. It also plays the files, too, so it is a one-stop solution. You do have to pay for it, though.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get AVPlayerHD, it will play your .mkv files with no converting. It's what I use and love it, plays 720p .mkv's flawlessly for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chevyguy said:
Get AVPlayerHD, it will play your .mkv files with no converting. It's what I use and love it, plays 720p .mkv's flawlessly for me.

Thx

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maya0724 said:
Well if you are on a Mac you need perlian and apple QuickTime pro.. Just export as a pass through as a . Mp4 and it works great... If you need further steps just ask.

Further simple steps please? Thanks.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download Gotsent to convert .mkv's to .mp4's if you want to convert .mkv to .mp4.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use an app called AVPlayer HD. It will let you transfer files by HTTP or FTP. So you run the app, set up the server, log into your iPad on your PCs browser, then select the file you want to transfer. I moved a 6.6GB mkv file last night using this app. It also plays the files, too, so it is a one-stop solution. You do have to pay for it, though.

Great Info even I was looking out for something to play .mkv files ? I thought an Apple device would never play a .mkv file !

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stream to me is another great app, it will stream 720p .mkv files with minimal CPU useage, as it doesn't need to convert them on the fly.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need to convert .mkv to .mp4 use GotSent, it's free and it's an awesome converter designed to only convert .mkv to .mp4. The quality is amazing when done and it's fairly quick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts