What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I display my iPad Air Apps in iTunes 12

birchdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot see any of my iPad apps in iTunes when connected.
There used to be a table of all apps on the left hand side of the iPad displayed pages.
I have just one app is played in this column,this app was added just two days ago,all other apps are some 9 - 10 months old.
Can anyone advise please ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you selected Apps under the Library header, then what you are seeing are the iOS apps downloaded to iTunes itself, not those on the iPad.

I'm working from memory, so the following may not be perfect. Select the Apps icon at the top left. It's in the same list you use to select the different sections of the iTunes store. Once you do that you should be able to slect something that says My Apps, or Purchased (at the top center). This will show you all the apps you've purchased.

To see the apps on your iPad, with the iPad plugged in look further down the list (not in the library section) for an On My Device section. If you can select Apps there, it should show the apps on your device.

If that doesn't make sense, say so. When I get home I'll open up iTunes and double check my description, and expand on what each section does if necessary.

OP
B

birchdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you selected Apps under the Library header, then what you are seeing are the iOS apps downloaded to iTunes itself, not those on the iPad.

I'm working from memory, so the following may not be perfect. Select the Apps icon at the top left. It's in the same list you use to select the different sections of the iTunes store. Once you do that you should be able to slect something that says My Apps, or Purchased (at the top center). This will show you all the apps you've purchased.

To see the apps on your iPad, with the iPad plugged in look further down the list (not in the library section) for an On My Device section. If you can select Apps there, it should show the apps on your device.

If that doesn't make sense, say so. When I get home I'll open up iTunes and double check my description, and expand on what each section does if necessary.
twerppoet,
Thank you for responding to my post.
To expand on my situation,since downloading iTunes 12 the only apps that show in the lefthand column are 2 that I have downloaded since downloading iTunes12.
All my other Apps(16 in total) are viewable on the 2 Home Pages displayed to the right of the mentioned lefthand column.
When I connect the iPad to iTunes and select the iPad device icon just the 2 Apps appear.
I hope this is useful info.
Kind regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to be sure, those other 16 apps are app your purchased, not the apps that came preinstalled, yes? Because the pre-installed apps will not show up in that column.

Anyway, This is all I can think of at the moment.

Check the Store menu in iTunes and make sure your computer is authorized with the same Apple ID you use on the iPad, which should also be the same Apple ID you used when purchasing those apps. And, of course, you need to be logged into iTunes with that Apple ID (top bar, just right of the search field).

P.S. My first post is at least half wrong. It is not necessary for an app to be downloaded to iTunes for it to show up in that list. That's what I get for working from memory.

OP
B

birchdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be sure, those other 16 apps are app your purchased, not the apps that came preinstalled, yes? Because the pre-installed apps will not show up in that column.

Anyway, This is all I can think of at the moment.

Check the Store menu in iTunes and make sure your computer is authorized with the same Apple ID you use on the iPad, which should also be the same Apple ID you used when purchasing those apps. And, of course, you need to be logged into iTunes with that Apple ID (top bar, just right of the search field).

P.S. My first post is at least half wrong. It is not necessary for an app to be downloaded to iTunes for it to show up in that list. That's what I get for working from memory.
All 16 Apps are purchased and not pre-installed.
I have tried removing one App from the ipad ,re-installing it from the App Store,this then appears on the iTunes left hand column with the 2 recently purchased Apps.
I recently had to do a complete OS (Mavericks)installation due to my iMac crashing,perhaps this is related ?
Thanks again for your advice,I will do a complete re-install of the remaining Apps .
Regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

Yes, I would expect it is an issue caused by the re-installation of OS X. Something got deleted or corrupted in the iTunes library. Be sure to save any data or documents that are stored in the apps off the iPad before deleting them.

Most reactions

Latest posts