What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I import apps with itunes?(PC to Ipad)

Peter_V

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

As the title states: how do I install apps on my ipad using itunes?

The thing is that I do not have acces to WiFi for a great deal of time, so most of the things I put on my ipad come from my laptop and go through itunes.

When I connect my ipad to my laptop, itunes pops up.
I click on the "ipad" button and then on "apps" button. Now itunes lists up a couple of apps that are stored in a seperate folder that I added to the library.

Every time i try to install one of these apps, (either by dragging and dropping or by clicking the "install" button next to it) the status bar on the bottom of the screen makes it look like I've uninstalled everything. Before the installation I had about 36 GB left, after the installation 56,1GB.... The entire green section of that bar (the "apps" section) is gone....
So obviously I don't think it wise to continue with the sync....
What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot,

Peter_V

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A iPad with no wifi.... Seems so wrong....

OP
P

Peter_V

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, the ipad has Wifi, but for most of the time, I have no reception of a Wifi Signal, so the only way of getting a connection to the internet is via cable....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't say I've ever installed an app without wifi...so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Generally, I get my apps while on wifi, so one options it to get on wifi and install the apps, then get off. Have you tried that?

OP
P

Peter_V

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The thing is That I have more apps and data than I have room for in my iPad. This is why it woud be handy to have a collection of iPad apps storend in à folder on The harddisk of my laptop so I can swap Them back en forth between THE laptop and THE iPad using iTunes while i dont have acces to wifi which is five Days a week....

Most reactions

Latest posts