What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I create a folder?

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
Hi Guys,
I have 18 Apps on my iPad 2 desktop relating to TV channels and lots of other situations where 4 or 5 Apps are all about the same sort of thing.
What I would like to do is create a folder, one that I can put a name to, on the desktop and then somehow drag all the TV Apps into the folder. If I could do that, my iPad's screen would look a lot neater.
Any help or advice gratefully accepted but please, please, just remember that you are talking to an old chap and not a whizz-kid.
Ta very much,
Steve

Wpeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit tricky but doable. Select one of the apps you want to put into the folder and touch it until it "giggles." Once it does (still holding it) move it on top of another app you want to move into a folder.

The folder will automatically be created and then you can move your other apps into it.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to rename the folder.

Blokken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To rename click on the giggling folder. The folder opens and you can change the name by placing the cursor in the name bar.

OP
5teve

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
All done now and looking neat as a button.
When I first got them all giggling about and moved one "TV" icon over another the new folder that was created already had a sensible name "Entertainment" so I left it at that. That happened with all the folders and the only one that needed the name changing was the one where all the Video stuff went because my iPad ALSO called that folder "Entertainment" but doing as blokken suggested did the trick easily enough.
Thanks guys,
Steve

Most reactions

Latest posts