What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I view folder and file structure and move files

Marnhullman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've installed FileApp Pro hoping I would be able to see the folder and file structure on my iPad but I can't figure out how to do it? I have created a document in Pages but It doesn't seem to show up anywhere in FileApp - I would like to be able to open it in Office2 HD but there doesn't seem to be an option to browse for files?

Grateful for any help

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've run into one of the most annoying features of iOS. Simply put, you cannot create a document a file (document) via one app and then open that file with another app. Each app controls the data associated with that app. There are workarounds for this problem including the use of Dropbox or some other "cloud based" storage external to the iPad but the same file cannot be accessed by two different apps.

OP
M

Marnhullman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - I was beginning to think this was the case.

What about viewing the folder and file structure on an iPad. Does that have to be done using a PC?

Most reactions

Latest posts