What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I convert a DVD to iPad?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No joy. Encryption took 8 hours and all I got was garbage. :(

Pam

You may want give xvid4psp a try....it encodes for all different types of hardware. From www.winnydows.com

I use DFDFab for both Bluray and DVD ripping/conversion. You have to pay for it yet it's a single step one hour process. When done you just add the file to iTunes etc.

The ripping aspect of dvdfab is free...you're paying for the conversion part of dvdfab.

Last edited:

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Pam

For what it's worth I struggled with free apps for ages and even after trying app after app and then fine tuning and several successes I would still have movies with lip synch problems on a regular basis.

That is what drove me to buy a program. I like the Slysoft products. They are the guys who broke the Blu-Ray encryption. I use ANY-DVD and CloneMobile with about 95% success rate.

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once again I suggest WinX ipad video converter at this link:

WinX iPad Video Converter - the Best iPad Converter - Convert Video to iPad

It's on sale for $19.95 and there is now an offer to get the registration code free if you share it on Facebook or Twitter. See the page.

I have this software. It's simple and works well. I have had no problems with syncing voice and picture. I did have a problem getting it to rip a Blu-ray, but their support told me how to fix it (I had to check the "Force A/V sync box for it to rip). Don't ask me why but it worked. This software is works for DVD and Blu-ray and is available for Windows and Mac. There is a trial version so you can try it. It limits the time available for ripping.

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, lest anyone thinks it, I have no connection to this company. I do, however, appreciate unbloated software that does what it's supposed to do without requiring an engineering degree.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Pam

What kind of disk were you trying to convert? Normal Dvd or Blu?
Are you on a MAC or Wintel.

when selecting the source, you chose your disk in the drive, then Video TS, and let Handbrake do the rest, until it was time to press strat, right?

not trying to talk down, but jsut trying to get a base to strat from.

Tim

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use DVD43 (free download) to get rid of the blockers and then use handbrake to convert it to iPad format. It does take awhile for handbrake to convert so I usually set it up before going to bed and then I have a converted file when I wake up in the morning.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
The ripping aspect of dvdfab is free...you're paying for the conversion part of dvdfab.

For DVDs yes,

For Bluray & 3D however only the trial period is free. Been using both from day one - life long subscription. I've tried several and still find it to be the best, most current for encryption/decrypting and most trouble free for single click conversions/operation.

Cheers

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whats the easiest way of converting series on DVD?? for ripping movies I use DVD43 and handbrake, this works fine (apart from my A-team which is a letterbox in the middle of the screen! can you change this?)

but when I tried to convert my Family guy series 9 I had the vob files but the there was an episode and a half on one vob!

also is there a way to combine vob files in handbrake?? that way I can just combine all the family guys into one big mv4!

cheers

also

Once again I suggest WinX ipad video converter at this link:

WinX iPad Video Converter - the Best iPad Converter - Convert Video to iPad
...there is now an offer to get the registration code free if you share it on Facebook or Twitter. See the page.

I tried this and they sent me a reg code! awesome I'll report back later, telling people what its like.

thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Converting DVD to iPad

Software needed & FREE:
Free and powerful DVDFab software = DVDfab HD Decryptor - Video Decryptor - used to copy video files - located @ middle of page - Removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).

When done you should have multiple .vob files @ 1gb chunks then use handbrake to join and convert files for ipad.

Hope this helps.
Wow! $80 bucks? Too rich for my blood.

Where do you see 80$...
DVDFab HD Decrypter. Free to Decrypt DVD and Blu-ray, free to Copy DVD and Blu-ray.
Look at their web site...trial version only is free.

Most reactions

Latest posts