What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do I Close Web Sites on new iPad Air 2

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After going to a website then ready to close there is no X to touch. How do I close a web site and return to a blank Safari screen? ISO 8

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the double square icon at the top right, each open tab becomes a large scrollable thumbnail, then either swipe the page left, or tap on the (x) in the corner of the page.

Alternately, you can pinch the screen to get to the same place.

You won't have an absolutely blank page. Instead you'll have a collection of icons for the links in your Favorites folder. The totally blank Safari page is a thing of the past.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still prefer a blank page, so I set up a bookmark to 'about:blank', if that is of any help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After going to a website then ready to close there is no X to touch. How do I close a web site and return to a blank Safari screen? ISO 8

Hello - appears that you are a new iPad owner (BTW, it's iOS ;)) - if not already done, obtain the official Apple iPad iOS 8.1 guide from HERE - it's free; download as a PDF or iBooks file to your iPad and place in iBooks (which likely is already on your iDevice - if not, then obtain from the App Store) - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 11.37.11 AM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts