What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do Children Save Their Work?

pjs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an IT technician at a small school and I am considering the idea of replacing all our PCs with iPads. I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The only problem I have is working out what to do with any work that the children produce. At the moment, anything they create on the PCs is saved to their own folder on the server. Is their an equivalent method with iPads or does everything just get saved within that iPad's memory? I which case, would each child have to use the same iPad every time? This is fine if the school can afford an iPad for each child in the school, but we would be looking at buying maybe 16 for the whole school. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If each child has his own apple id,could they not backup their own work through iCloud? Where are the experts?

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might consider using Dropbox. You can get a free 2GB storage capacity that you could install as a shared space on all of the iPads. Or... you might set up multiple Dropboxes, one for each grade level or subject area or perhaps one Dropbox for ES, one for MS, and one for HS. Dropbox has a nice free app to install on the iPads or you could use a webpage login.

I use Dropbox as a primary place for my students to turn in work.

OP
P

pjs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to use DropBox but it isn't universal enough. I'd need to be able to save everything to it - whatever app we were using - and I don't think that's not possible, is it?

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox is good for files you manually copy into it. If you want everything to save automatically, I'm not sure. Probably an icloud type of solution.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pjs said:
I'm an IT technician at a small school and I am considering the idea of replacing all our PCs with iPads. I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The only problem I have is working out what to do with any work that the children produce. At the moment, anything they create on the PCs is saved to their own folder on the server. Is their an equivalent method with iPads or does everything just get saved within that iPad's memory? I which case, would each child have to use the same iPad every time? This is fine if the school can afford an iPad for each child in the school, but we would be looking at buying maybe 16 for the whole school. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

When I was in school I saved whatever I had on paper in a binder folder. Back then the only placs that had computers were businesses. These computers took up like too much room.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are we talking word document or a variety?

You can use iTunes to save docs as PDF documents according to this:

How do you save word files to ipad2 and be able to work on them?

There are a couple of ways to do this.

One. You send the word doc to yourself and open it with pages.

Two. You drag and drop the doc to itunes. From iTunes you can save a doc as a word or pdf file.

Most reactions

Latest posts