What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come I am using 3G at home?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I always use my wifi at home. For a while I could not even log on then I tried Colin's suggestions below, and now I can but 3G only...

Not good. I don't want to run out of 3G as I need it when I am out in the field.

And yes, I upgraded days ago ~

Originally Posted by col.bris
This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixed it. For some reason I had to "choose a network" Why all of a sudden it unchose my network!

Who in the hell knows...

But now it says on the left side in settings, Wi-Fi then linksys, which is my thingy through Comcast.

Electronics! Goodness!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that one single person cared....lol!

I really fixed it now! The net work shouldnt say Linksky, but Marie, which is what comcast and I set it up with last June. I even found the password on a sticky on my wall!

Why the net work had to be chosen all over again is beyond me. But all things are as they should be.

Very very FAST!:)

I wanna thank everyone for all the help! LoL!

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We were all transfixed and enthralled by the emerging story - we were too excited to respond - waiting for the thrilling ending...:)

Tim
Scotland
PS glad you got it working.....

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison,

you are fast becoming my fav poster on here....

Tim

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We were all transfixed and enthralled by the emerging story - we were too excited to respond - waiting for the thrilling ending...:)

Tim
Scotland

And thrilling it was, My Dear. I was trippin, though, Tim. And mad!

SweetPoison,

Tim

Aww. Thank you!:eek:

Can I sleep now Marie lol. I was ready to fly to USA. But found out plane had no fuel maybe next time

You always always say this, Colin. Seriously. I have yet to see you! I am feeling neglected!:p

x0

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait till you get facetime Marie.
Then you can see the old possum in all his glory.......

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, glad you got it resolved. I don't have 3G on my iPad but would want it rapidly resolved too!
Only quirk I had with the 4.3 update is that my GMail account had to be deleted and re-added. It was no big deal, just odd, but my inbox disappeared. It's fine now. My wifi behaves fine-finds my home network the same.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait till you get facetime Marie.
Then you can see the old possum in all his glory.......

How cool would that be?:)

Well, glad you got it resolved. I don't have 3G on my iPad but would want it rapidly resolved too!
Only quirk I had with the 4.3 update is that my GMail account had to be deleted and re-added. It was no big deal, just odd, but my inbox disappeared. It's fine now. My wifi behaves fine-finds my home network the same.

Yes I did resolve it. All by myself I might add!:D That'll never happen again. That was strange you had to re-add your gmail account.

Glad it worked out though!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep! Since adding e-mail accounts are seamless and a matter of just putting in the e-mail address and password, it's no big deal and seemed the most logical fix, and thankfully that was the case. I figured trying to look further into it would take twice the amount of time. I also have a Yahoo account and that one was fine, so don't know what it was, but glad it is fine now.

kramrengaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer the original question, the reason you had to re-add your network was because the procedure you followed as described in your original post:

"... It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).....
.... and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
"

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

And thrilling it was, My Dear. I was trippin, though, Tim. And mad!

SweetPoison,

Tim

Aww. Thank you!:eek:

Can I sleep now Marie lol. I was ready to fly to USA. But found out plane had no fuel maybe next time

You always always say this, Colin. Seriously. I have yet to see you! I am feeling neglected!:p

x0

Fun to see y'all havin so much fun. Just a personal observation with self. The only person that gets upset when I do ... is guess Who? So I have gotten to the point of don't sweat it. And it is always the small stuff that seems to be so irritating. And guess what, in my world it is all small stuff. Blaming doesn't seem to change anything at all ... like the weather doesn't care what I think... traffic seems to be similar.

Have fun. Profanity which I have noticed some poster like to use, doesn't really communicate, just irritate, instead... not blaming, just observing.

Y'all have a great day. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts