What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can you update a book's cover?

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Yeah. Im going to convert my pdf's to epub.

I've tried that with terribly mixed results. The ePub format is defined such that the contents can be re-flowed to any page dimension and font size with no negative affects. Most PDF documents have embedded folio which, when reflowed, end up somewhere in the middle of pages. Looks terrible.

My wife and I have been experimenting with a whole slew of PDF organizer/reader apps and have found GoodReader to be about the best. Adding PDF documents can either back uploaded via a web interface (yeah, it comes with a mini web server on the iPad app) or via the iPad interface. Creating folder structure and organizing the PDF (or other) documents is a cut/paste operation which works quickly and reliably.

Most importantly, the read has the best viewer and bookmarking model. Not as good as iBooks, but better than the others.

For $0.99, it's a great product. :)

Piko

Xstatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Book Cover

You can get your book cover to appear if you are having problems. Use Calibre, choose a cover,(google your book title, and the words book cover, display in images..and in 2 seconds you can download your cover.) If you load the file as a pdf, or ebup, and don't want to change the format, just convert to the same format, and calibre will backup the original. Don't forget in the metadate to add the cover you downloaded. When you now upload to your ipad the cover will now appear.

jpro80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a program called calibre. I convert PDF files to ePub with it as well as changing the meta tags and covers. Check it out on YouTube. I believe their website is calibre-eBook.com

Good luck

nijskarel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Last Ibook I had, had this updating prob.
Darn I thought it was broken.

Most reactions

Latest posts