What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I restore my hotmail folders on my iPad?

OhCarol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hamburg NY ~ a beautiful, small town just south of
All of my hotmail folders: Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Deleted, Junk, Trash, along with my individual, specific folders are in my
Hotmail account, and they originally were listed in my iPad mail, but they no longer are there.
What happened to them?
And how can I restore them to my iPad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In most cases deleting the account and setting it up again will solve problems with email accounts.

You could also try to reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up.

OP
O

OhCarol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A., I am not sure whether I am replying in the correct area, these 70 yr old eyes don't see as good as they once did, so,,forgive me. Also, after having to go through hoops to log on, I am just happy to be at my thread!
I want to thank you for your reply. I had repeatedly deleted and added my email accts, to no avail.
And, after talking with QVC's Premier Tech Service (Premier my butt!), I was even more frustrated as they said the only way I could restore my accts, after the delete/add did not work, was to restore my iPad to factory settings?
Well, I may be old, but I am not stupid! Restore is THE LAST thing to do!
And, as I didn't have this forum in my Contacts, I did not see your reply, and knowing there are more than one way to skin a cat, I played around, trying to figure out what to do, and discovered the press off and home trick on my own... Sort of like what I think was called a soft reboot ~ isn't it?
Though I hadn't seen your reply, I do appreciate your answering my question. Now, I have to go and put this iPad Forum in my Contacts!
BTW. Are you from iPad Tech Support?
If you are, I will definitely will use your answers J.A.! And, if so, I now also realize I spent way too much money for incompetent Tech Support from QVC. I had asked that my issue be escalated to the next level, but they would not. I believe I knew more about the iPad then they did. And, am so happy that I am not afraid of resolving my problems, myself. The darn iPad isn't going to bite me. I just am always leery of getting into the OS and screwing up something there.
I believe the issue was real ayes to the memory being overloaded at one time and needed t refresh it... Am I close to,being correct?
If not, why did the power/home press reset work?
And what other reasons would I,use that for?
I am always asking questions, trying to figure out things... I love computers, iPads, the new technologies! I have friends who won't touch a cell phone, yet alone a computer. I tel them they are old farts and if we all were like them, we would still be drawing on cave walls, using fires to fires to send messages by smoke, never ride in a cat, a plane, yet alone a jet!
It truly is a wonderful age!
Tnx again for your help! Hope I didn't bore you with my discourse...
OhCarol, a.k.a. Carol Hess, a.k.a., Sunny:eek:

OP
O

OhCarol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email Boxes full, but folders are empty!

Well! Gosh... Darn it! :rolleyes:
J.A. HELP! PLEASE!
I have all my boxes and folders, but the folders are all empty! The boxes are fine.
What can I do to fill the folders? They had been full and they still are on my hotmail server.
Is it a syncing problem or what?
Please, with sugar on top of it... Help!:p

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To answer your last post: did you look into your folders immediately after you saw that they are here again? Sometimes, when an account is deleted, it needs some time to reload all the emails that were there.

Open one of your empty folders and wait for a few minutes. If they start appearing, then you know that your iPad just needs some time to get everything in order again.

The reset I suggested is a reboot, as some call it. When something isn't working as it should, this often helps. It just puts (almost) everything in order again.

I'm afraid I have to disappoint you: I'm not from iPad Tech Support. :) This is a private forum, with users from all over the world. We all have in common: we have/use/need an iPad. There are many members who try to help others as good as possible. I'm one of them.

There are some other things that can help solving problems with an iPad, which you could try when it's acting weird. (Reset is one of them.)
Restart: turn it off, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again.
Force close apps (the apps you opened because you used them are running in the background, and need to be closed from time to time.) To do this, double tap the Home button. This will reveal the multitask bar, where you can see all the apps that you used. In iOS 7, drag the tumbnails (the pictures) above the app icons towards the top of the screen. Do this with every app, until they all are removed from there.

However: I suppose restarting and force closing apps won't help you at the moment.

Setting your iPad to factory settings isn't as bad as it sounds. If you really have to do this, you'll certainly get help here.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts