What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra folder in Mail account

yvonne c

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure. The pad was set up by the apple store and I think because I have an NTL - mail they had a problem setting it up so maybe that's whymI can't do it. I think I'll probably just accept I have to,work with the folders I have. Thanks so much for your help
Yvonne

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can however create another account which does have folders, I have heard that Gmail has this feature. So perhaps this is one way for you to go.

Thanks! I am not quite sure what another account you are referring to.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, you can create folders on the iPad, in the Mail app, as long as you are using an IMAP or Exchange e-mail account (it will not work with a POP account).

Here are pictures/the steps in how to do this:

View attachment 8909

View attachment 8910

View attachment 8911

View attachment 8912

View attachment 8913

The created folder is there on your iPad and it shows up in Gmail on the Web.

Let me know if I've left out a step ... and how it works for you. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And, yeah, I wanted to play with Skitch, like The Archangel and twerppoet ... but still, they're pretty good instructions! :D

That's a great set of instructions Marilyn. I cannot get on with Skitch that well. I have trouble moving blocks of text around! So I will rely upon screenshots to illustrate a step which you have omitted......

After step 4, you can specify the folder into which you may place the new folder. I've used the term Test Folder which I want to go in as a sub folder to my IT>..Apple Folder.
image-1537263700.jpg

image-2324918019.jpg

image-804708712.jpg

So the sequence of commands and buttons is... EDIT.... NEW MAILBOX..... Name the new folder.... Select the destination folder from the drop down list... DONE

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I am not quite sure what another account you are referring to.

I was saying you can create another email address account. Gmail is a very good email to use as you can then create folders with it in the Mail App.

I have a POP account which doesn't allow for folders.

If you use iCloud, and have an @icloud.com email address you can also set up folders with this also.

Most reactions

Latest posts