What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I get my pdf documents into the ipad?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be a way but I cannot see how. The whole ibook thing is about buying books. I own pdf books on my computer that I want to get into the ipad to read. Also winnie the poo has appeared on my ibook shelf that I did not order. I want to use the ibook app to read the pdf books not goodreader which I bought and I syncd a couple of pdf books with that app and they caused goodreader to loop so I had to delete it.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't sweat the Winnie the Pooh thing. Its a freebie. We all got it!

Getting .pdf's into iBooks is easy. If you are using Windows:

Go to your folder where you have your documents. Select and copy them (CTRL-C)

Open iTunes then select Books on the left side. Once that comes up, click on Edit then Paste then all of the .pdf's you selected will now be in your iBooks library.

Sync your iPad and voila... there they are pretty as you please!

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I tried a few pdf this way and they appeared on the ibooks bookshelf and the pdf button appeared. Next I cut and pasted 70 more pdf books. They appear at the bottom of the books tab in itunes but now they don't appear on the ibooks bookshelf and the pdf button is gone. I also put the same 70 books into the goodreader app and they are there but what hapenned with ibooks? When a pdf book is installed in both apps do they share 1 file or are there separete files? How can I get rid of all the wasted space with the ibook pdf books that do not show up on the bookshelves? If I delete the ibook app will this delete the ibook pdf files but not delete the goodreader pdf files? Can someone explain this. TIA.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...but what hapenned with ibooks? When a pdf book is installed in both apps do they share 1 file or are there separete files? How can I get rid of all the wasted space with the ibook pdf books that do not show up on the bookshelves? If I delete the ibook app will this delete the ibook pdf files but not delete the goodreader pdf files? Can someone explain this. TIA.
Now that's a good question! Since iBooks and GoodReader are two completely separate apps, I think it is a pretty safe assumption that they don't share the same files. Since you have all of your original files, deleting the apps would be the easiest thing to do in terms of recovering the space.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have added the PDF files to goodreader just use the file management utility in goodreader to open PDF files in iBooks. This will add them to the bookshelf.

Most reactions

Latest posts