What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Sync .pdf documents with 2 computers?

snor392

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 1 and I use my home PC as the computer that I sync my Ipad too and use as my main Itunes location.

However, I would like to be able to load .pdf documents from my work computer to the Ipad in order to take to client appointments and such. There is no wifi connection at work and my only means to do this would be via the cable connectin the Ipad to the computer at work. I'm thinking this has to be done via Itunes somehow, but I keep bumping into the problem that I don't want to change the Itunes on the work computer to be the default Itunes location. I want to keep this default as the home PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to transfer .pdf documents to my Ipad to my work computer given the facts above?

Thanks so much!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem at all.
Setup iTunes on 10 computers, and mark it - not to sync on anything.
Now all you have to do is connect your iPAD to any of these PC's.
Open the PC folder with the PDF .
Drag it To iBook application of the iPAd device - Done.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also use GoodreaderUSB. It's an executable file you can keep on either your work computer or a flash drive.

As long as you have iTunes on the computer, you can hook the iPad up to the computer, run the GoodreaderUSB exe file and once Goodreader opens, you can transfer files back and forth with Goodreader (which is also a great PDF reader, BTW). Oh, and you don't have to use iTunes as the intermediary. At the most, it just needs to be running and at the least, it just needs to be loaded...

See these threads for more info on GoodreaderUSB:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/6455-finally-good-file-management-goodreaderusb.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/17318-using-goodreaderusb.html

Makes it easier than dealing with iTunes, TBH.

Marilyn

OP
S

snor392

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really appreciate the advice! You'll have to excuse my inexperience here, but I think I mark it to not sync by choosing "manually manage music and videos" on the Summary screen. Correct? Also, I'm not sure how to drag the .pdf to the iBook applice of the iPad device? Can you spell this out for a novice?

Thanks so much!!

Most reactions

Latest posts