What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I control which apps show in 'Open in' on iphone or iPad?

BabaIkram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed the maximum no of apps that appear in 'Open in' is 10 and more frustratingly, new apps which sharing functions replace my favourite old apps (especially good reader app) in the 'Open In'. Is it possible to determine which apps appear in the 'Open In'?, increase the no? Or at least force my favourite apps to appear there or prevent them from being displaced? The only way I cope now is to delete the least favoured apps with sharing functions in order to allow my favourite apps to appear

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you've run smack into one of the limitations of the iPad's "Open In..." feature. There is no way to sort the order of the apps and it appears as if it's the apps that were installed last are the ones that show. Or maybe it's the ones that are installed first...

The only solution is as you've discovered: fiddle with it until the app you want shows up in that list.

Sorry to not be of better assistance. Maybe someday Apple will improve it.

Marilyn

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be sure to post this as an enhancement request on Apples website. They do use our requests there to help them prioritize enhancements.

OP
B

BabaIkram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just made it an enhancement request with Apple. It is really making my head go 'gaga' as I have to be deleting some paid Apps in order to allow some favourite apps to appear in the 'open in' popover

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BabaIkram said:
I have just made it an enhancement request with Apple. It is really making my head go 'gaga' as I have to be deleting some paid Apps in order to allow some favourite apps to appear in the 'open in' popover

Can you download them again and see if they move to the bottom of the list? Just a thought.....

Most reactions

Latest posts