What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are supplies holding out???

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are there still iPads to be purchased in Apple Stores??

How about Best Buy???

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the store in Vegas they had a lot of them, and they said that the reserve units will go on sale tomorrow if they were not picked up by today. Lots of them here. I should have stayed in bed and gone down there later.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple desk at Best Buys Cumberland in Smyrna sold 12 by 11 AM. There was a short line when I drove by 1 hour before they opened. I ordered 3G so none of the current stock interested me.

I really expected more interest in the iPad. I had several people call me and ask me if I had one so they were seeking information. Most are waiting to see what I do with it.

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was one of the early birds at Best Buy today. They handed out 15 vouchers, 5 of each model. I was #13. When I went in the store at 10 a.m., they asked if I was interested in either the 32 or 64 model. Apparently they got in more than they said they were getting. A friend went in after work and picked up a 64 this afternoon.

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are literally hundreds available at my Best Buy here in the burbs of New Orleans. The entire cage was loaded with them, and the tech told me that was the second load they had today.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Store (here in Cherry Creek Mall) was sold out by noon and had a line forming outside already for the 3 o'clock cutoff so they could claim ones that hadn't been claimed yet. The Best Buy right down the street from the mall had dozens left (they received 100 and hadn't sold out by 2pm).

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Store here in Manhattan Beach, (Southern Calif) had fairly long lines. We were number 140, with our reserved iPad. Line was around 175 - 200 people at 9am when the store opened and it kept about that long past 10am as more people came. But by 11am it was down to 100 folks and I think many of the reserved line customers were already through the store. I'll guess Apple sold at least 300 - 400 by noon, not sure if they ran out or not. I was able to switch from a reserved 16GB to a 32GB no problem. Got ours just before 10am, good thing we had one on reserve. Was also able to pickup a case with was in high demand at the store.

Xblitz44x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at Best Buy at 1:15 and they still had a lot in stock. The store associate said there was no line in the morning. I wonder how it will be tomorrow morning

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a 32gb 3g wifi on preorder ...but i kept coming back to this site to here da good news of ppl who received there ipads today but it also made me jealous so me being a truck driver i stop @ a apple store indy aka colts ville and they were sold out i went maybe 3 hours down the road to Dayton ohio @ a bestbuy and picked up a 16gb to hold me over until my 3g comes in they had maybe 15 left ..........( whats funny is you can find ipads but u cant find accessories )

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think there are any 16gb, 32gb models available in the area, just 64gb models.

Don't forget to check our online iPad accessory store @ http://store.ipadforums.net/

i have a 32gb 3g wifi on preorder ...but i kept coming back to this site to here da good news of ppl who received there ipads today but it also made me jealous so me being a truck driver i stop @ a apple store indy aka colts ville and they were sold out i went maybe 3 hours down the road to Dayton ohio @ a bestbuy and picked up a 16gb to hold me over until my 3g comes in they had maybe 15 left ..........( whats funny is you can find ipads but u cant find accessories )

Most reactions

Latest posts