What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotspot in ipad

vasilis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my ipad to ios 5 but no hotspot again!
Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not a iOS 5.1 feature; but a feature of the new iPad. You won't find it in the update's new feature list.

Also, it has to be activated by your carrier. At this time only Verizon in the U.S. is saying it will offer Hotspot plans for the new iPad. AT&T has said ti does not, and not said anything about whether it will.

I have no idea how or if it will work elsewhere.

OP
V

vasilis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx
Anyway it was only two months ago that vodafone greece made free hotspot in iphones

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

It took almost a year for AT&T to add a hotspot plan after Apple made it possible in iOS. It was (if I recall) only the announcement that Verizon would be offering one that pushed them over the line. {I could easily be wrong with the time it took. My memory isn't good on this, and I'm too lazy to research it right now}

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
none of the companies want to offer hotspot feature. They even hesitate at the thought of offing it for an additional fee. Android OS has this built in yet they tend to remove the feature.

They have gotten better at allowing it. Verizon I'm sure is just doing this to try and bump the sale of Verizon iPads. They can market it as having the biggest LTE Network and also offering the HotSpot option.

Hopefully ATT will decide to offer the hotspot option to try and be more competitive.

Would be nice to see one of them bring back unlimited data plans.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read this week (do not recall where) that AT&T is in discussion with Apple about hotspot. No details though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Verizon is offering it. AT&T will be hard pressed not to come up with a plan to prove they are competitive. It is probably only a matter of time. In this case I give it until Friday.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Verizon is offering it. AT&T will be hard pressed not to come up with a plan to prove they are competitive. It is probably only a matter of time. In this case I give it until Friday.

LOL! You're being VERY optimistic! But, just in case, I'll order my crow dinner now for delivery on Saturday evening. I can always cancel it before then.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The optimist says "The glass of water is half full."

The pessimist says "The glass of water is half empty."

The urologist says "That's not water."

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like this one.

While the Optimist, the Pessimist, and the Realist were arguing about how full the glass was, I drank it.

-- The Pragmatist.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I read: "Dear pessimist, optimist and realist...while all of you were arguing, I drank the water. - The Opportunist"

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I like this one.

While the Optimist, the Pessimist, and the Realist were arguing about how full the glass was, I drank it.

-- The Pragmatist.

Ha ha!!! I've seen this one!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Most reactions

Latest posts