What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horizontal please help me!

theebs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey :)
I have an apple iPad (durr) and normally if you sit it upright the screen will sit vertically and if you lay it on the side to play apps and such it will rotate to horizontal. but now it's stuck on horizontal! I've tried everything, including turning off my iPad. I can't find anything in the settings and I'm on the verge of throwing my iPad in frustration! PLEASE HELP!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you have accidentally moved the side switch and thereby cause it to lock? Sometimes, it's a little sensitive and a touch will move it - you won't even notice it.

If that's not it, holler back and we'll see what else it could be.

Marilyn

OP
theebs

theebs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what's a side switch and where is it located? :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you hold your iPad so that the Home bottom is on the bottom (in portrait mode), the switch is on the upper right side. However you find the switch, move it to the opposite side and see if that solves your issue.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts