What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Automation App suddenly appears?

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My aging and somewhat battered Air is now on OS 15.1 but for some time now I’ll be in a process of an important task and changing to another program briefly for info etc, suddenly become stuck with the Home Automation splash ( lovely autumn colours) that’s a devil of job to get away from. Anyone else having it & why? I just adjusted the brightness as I write this & upon closing task, in crashes the automation app. So annoying, to the point I wonder is there away to prevent it happening.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not completely sure what is happening, so I'm not sure the following will help.

The Home app has been there since iPadOS 14, at least. Not sure why it is active without you enabling it. try going to Settings > Home and turning it off. If it is not already off, then try powering the iPad down and on again. If that does not work there are a couple other thing to try.

After that, Reset All Settings might help. It is under Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will turn a lot of the System and some of the Apple App settings back to default, but won't affect apps, files, or other content.

Be careful not to choose the other Reset options unless you know what they do.

Last edited:

Most reactions