What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holidays in Calendar

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I add these to my calendar..? Am sure it can be done for free? Tim

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Copied and pasted from the internet

Here, we show you how to add Apple's calendar of U.S. holidays to your iPhone:

Tap the Settings icon
Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Scroll down and tap Add Account...
Tap Other
Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics - then tap Next
On the next screen, change the name of the calendar under "Description" if you choose - then tap Save
That's it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also visit sites that offer ical formatted calendar subscriptions in Safari. Tapping the Download button on these sites should result in a prompt or prompts to add the calendar to the calendar app. If you make a mistake it may be necessary to visit Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and look for a Calendar Subscription account where you can delete the subscriptions.

Here is a site that offers a link to a U.S. Holiday calendar (Apples' own Holiday calendar, actually), and many others. It looks reasonably reputable.

Welcome to iCalShare

You can also find it and other calendar on Apple's own site, but the search tools are lacking.

Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - iCal Calendars

This is the site that you end up at if you ask for help in the OS X version of Calendars. I'm not sure why there is no way to visit it on an iOS device or even in the iCloud.com site.

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this, but am looking for a UK calendar..?

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that... Icalshare is perfect! Works very easily.. Tim

jpinbay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried this and have the calander in my list of calanders, but the holidays don't show up on my calander.
Copied and pasted from the internet

Here, we show you how to add Apple's calendar of U.S. holidays to your iPhone:

Tap the Settings icon
Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Scroll down and tap Add Account...
Tap Other
Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics - then tap Next
On the next screen, change the name of the calendar under "Description" if you choose - then tap Save
That's it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also visit sites that offer ical formatted calendar subscriptions in Safari. Tapping the Download button on these sites should result in a prompt or prompts to add the calendar to the calendar app. If you make a mistake it may be necessary to visit Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and look for a Calendar Subscription account where you can delete the subscriptions.

Here is a site that offers a link to a U.S. Holiday calendar (Apples' own Holiday calendar, actually), and many others. It looks reasonably reputable.

Welcome to iCalShare

You can also find it and other calendar on Apple's own site, but the search tools are lacking.

Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - iCal Calendars

This is the site that you end up at if you ask for help in the OS X version of Calendars. I'm not sure why there is no way to visit it on an iOS device or even in the iCloud.com site.

Thanks for this. Very nice (and easy!) way to add calendars.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried this and have the calander in my list of calanders, but the holidays don't show up on my calander.

Try clearing the Calendar app from RAM, or a restart.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

end

Last edited:

jpinbay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. I was able to go to the website and download the holiday calendar there and it now shows up. thanks again.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Since upgrading to iOS 7 my calendar subscriptions haven't shown up but I found a fox so, just my 2 cents here but go to the Settings App and open up the settings panel for your subscribed calendars, you will see a setting for SSL, turn it off then tap "Done". Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

The Archangel

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since upgrading to iOS 7 my calendar subscriptions haven't shown up but I found a fox so, just my 2 cents here but go to the Settings App and open up the settings panel for your subscribed calendars, you will see a setting for SSL, turn it off then tap "Done". Hopefully that will resolve the issue. The Archangel
That's really helpful! Thank you.

Most reactions