What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hola from Mexico

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My iphone was broken during a Mexican fiesta :eek: so i decided to buy an ipad.

The fact is I don't use the phone as much as email and networking, so I looked around for a good deal and found an iPad at a downtown distributor for $745.

It's a 64GB 3G, which came in a sealed box. I upgraded to 4.2.1 immediately.

Also, I found instructions online to hack, literally, my old iPhone SIM card and chop it to a MicroSIM and made it fit into the new iPad slot and was able to recover my prepaid airtime off the old phone, which I sold next door to the Mac place ;)

I'm quite happy, learning about optimizing the battery and stuff like that.

I will be traveling to Europe next month and will be researching 3G coverage.

Wishing everyone happy new year,
Xochi

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Xochipillitzin: god of the feast? Lord of the flowers? You are very fortunate to have been able to recover your sim card and use it in the iPad. I think when you go to Europe, you'll be one step ahead since you already know about exchanging sim cards--you do this in country.

Do share your experiences with your iPad!

OP
X

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you,
Good guess on my nick!
Yes, the SIM hack was relatively simple. Europe has sketchy WIFI coverage so 3G will probably come handy. My iPad may have come unlocked since I bought it abroad :)

Most reactions

Latest posts