What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highlight text (urls etc) have all turned orange

carlcaulkett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m running iPadOS 10.15 and earlier today a system wide change appears to have occurred whereby all my link text, URLs, twitter handles and the like, which used to be a reassuring blue color, have all turned orange.
This raises 2 questions. Why has it happened and how can I reverse it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is this in a Twitter app, or in Safari?

Twitter apps, both original and third party often have several themes. I use Tweetbot, and it's fairly easy to change themes by accident. All it takes is a two finger swipe up or down.

If in Safari is it specific to a site, or on all sites?

Sites, like apps, can have themes. There should be a way to change them in the site's preferences (on the site).

If the change is universal throughout Safari, and probably in many other apps, you may have changed some of he Accessibility features. I don't remember where to find those in iOS 10, but they should either be their own group of settings or hiding under the General settings.

The Safari app itself does not have a setting that will change the link colors. There may be ways to temporarily change those colors, but forcing Safari closed and opening it again should stop that. Or, just power the iPad off and on again.

OP
carlcaulkett

carlcaulkett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought it was universal but on reflection it does appear to be my Twitter clint which just happens to be Tweetbot! Any idea how to set it back again?

Most reactions

Latest posts