What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide Typing on Password Forms

spirit469

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you're typing a password on the ipad, it does hide most of the letters, but the last letter that you type is always clearly visible. There should be an option added to the iOS to make it so that every letter is hidden, even as you are typing them. It is very easy for bystanders to just look over your shoulder and discover your pin or password, simply by looking at the end of the line as you are typing. This is a huge flaw of security.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi spirit...yes, I am not aware of that option. For me it is helpful to know the last letter or number that I have typed. Some of my passwords are complex phrases and seeing that last character is helpful for me at least.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.1Guideline Manual.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...stS2Dw&usg=AFQjCNEQb9h7oA4lX6vAFj7iz8L7xK7DcQ

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts