What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! Newbie looking for some advice iPad 2 or 3?

lottiew1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to buy my 1st iPad and I am deliberating on which 1 to get iPad 2 or 3 what size memory wifi only or with 3g?? I am hoping you can give me some advice & share your knowledge lol!

The iPad would just be for personal use & I dont really have a budget.

Thanks ever so much

Charlotte Xx

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome. When Apple introduced the iPad 3 this year they kept a basic iPad 2 in the product lineup as an entry level model. Assuming you're buying new, then the iPad 2 is only available as a basic 16Gb model, whereas the New iPad goes up to 64gb. More storage space means you can carry around more movies, music etc... If you don't expect to keep much with you on the device, then 16Gb may do, otherwise go for something bigger; FWIW I have 32Gb and the only time it ever gets close to being full is when I load it up with films for on holidays. The New iPad also has a better screen then the iPad 2 (not that the iPad 2s screen was bad!) and significantly better cameras.

All iPads come with WiFi to get online, and models are available with 3G as well; to use 3G you'll need a microsim from one of the mobile phone carriers, and some kind of payment method - contract, PAYGO, whatever. Here in the UK we're fortunate have a very broad range of options from all the national carriers; I only really use 3G for syncing contacts and calendar entries, and occasional very light browsing; I use Orange, as they had the best option for a low user like me when the first iPad came out - no contract, pay for what you use by direct debit at the end of the month, and capped so you don't get any surprises; other carriers may have similar offers, but I haven't looked recently.

If you haven't already done so, then it's probably worth having a trip to your local Apple Store to compare the different models.

Hope this helps, Pete.

OP
L

lottiew1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Pete that was really helpfull think I will go into a store again and have a look.

Thanks again

Charlotte

Most reactions

Latest posts