What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi, just bought new ipad2 ~ talk me into keeping it

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both and vote to keep both.
2011-04-05213119.jpg

OP
D

diamond.s.ranch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My decision

I decided this week-end to keep the Galaxy Tab 10.0. First of all I really think the Ipad2 is nice and seems to work well and is very simple and easy to use. It's also light weight and with the logitech keyboard/case it was a great outfit. I would definitely recommend it to teenagers and older folks who want something they don't need a lot of customized apps and widgets and who just want to talk on the internet or browse the web.

It's just for ME (IMHO) I liked the Galaxy more. My reasons are: At night when I'm looking at the web, I adjusted both and the galaxy was easier on my eyes and looked all-around better. The colors on the Galaxy are vivid.

When I took video in low light situations, the Galaxy tab was way better. For instance the TV going in the background would be a bright glow with beams around it on the IPad2, but on the galaxy it would be more normal looking. During the day they both looked good. Maybe a slight edge to Ipad2 for more real colors, but the galaxy's were definitely pretty like they have the color jacked up a little.

The Galaxy had all the apps I wanted in the market, where as the Ipad2 didn't. I am still not sure why, but maybe all the Apple apps are more business oriented (local news stations, pizza, etc???). But if I wanted more sports, pro, college and highschool football for example, the android marked had thousands and apple only had a couple dozen. I was very surprised!

I really liked being able to have 5 screens on the Galaxy to customize anyway I wanted. I could have 5 different pictures or screen savers and different note/weather/clocks/gadgets/calendars etc........ I felt very limited on the ipad2, like I was dealing with an older version Palm Pixi next to my EVO. But how will I live without Swype????

But because the Ipad2 was probably not going to have much issues with apps and custom widgets locking/freezing up and stuff I kept thinking do I really want to have all that custom stuff and have to occasionally probably reboot it? Well I did seem to have lock ups/fixed screen on the Ipad2 on some sites as well, so that wasn't really a comparison after all too.

What made my mind up was I booked 2 flights on the web, one on the Galaxy tab and one on the Ipad2. Since the majority of my time with these things is going to be sitting back in the recliner at night and surfing the web and stuff, speed in my slow dial up world, was very important to me. If the ipad2 was faster at that, then I'm keeping it even plain as it is. Well the Galaxy was faster even with all the widgets/app and junk I loaded on it. So the decision was over.

Again, I can see why Ipad is so popular with the young and also the older, and if I still had teenagers I'd probably get one of those for them. Way much less stuff for them to mess up and break, which is what I think Apple wants to keep it that way. Their popularity and reputation is exactly why I bought it to compare to make up my mind.

One last note, I have to mention that the Zagg Logitech keyboard/case I bought for use on the Ipad2 was awesome. I have pre-ordered it on the Logitech website for the Galaxay tab 10.1. It worked so well even with fat fingers and also helps protect it alot when you close the case.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their opinions and advice on here. It's a great forum and best to all you guys!

Reaction score
I decided this week-end to keep the Galaxy Tab 10.0. First of all I really think the Ipad2 is nice and seems to work well and is very simple and easy to use. It's also light weight and with the logitech keyboard/case it was a great outfit. I would definitely recommend it to teenagers and older folks who want something they don't need a lot of customized apps and widgets and who just want to talk on the internet or browse the web.

It's just for ME (IMHO) I liked the Galaxy more. My reasons are: At night when I'm looking at the web, I adjusted both and the galaxy was easier on my eyes and looked all-around better. The colors on the Galaxy are vivid.

When I took video in low light situations, the Galaxy tab was way better. For instance the TV going in the background would be a bright glow with beams around it on the IPad2, but on the galaxy it would be more normal looking. During the day they both looked good. Maybe a slight edge to Ipad2 for more real colors, but the galaxy's were definitely pretty like they have the color jacked up a little.

The Galaxy had all the apps I wanted in the market, where as the Ipad2 didn't. I am still not sure why, but maybe all the Apple apps are more business oriented (local news stations, pizza, etc???). But if I wanted more sports, pro, college and highschool football for example, the android marked had thousands and apple only had a couple dozen. I was very surprised!

I really liked being able to have 5 screens on the Galaxy to customize anyway I wanted. I could have 5 different pictures or screen savers and different note/weather/clocks/gadgets/calendars etc........ I felt very limited on the ipad2, like I was dealing with an older version Palm Pixi next to my EVO. But how will I live without Swype????

But because the Ipad2 was probably not going to have much issues with apps and custom widgets locking/freezing up and stuff I kept thinking do I really want to have all that custom stuff and have to occasionally probably reboot it? Well I did seem to have lock ups/fixed screen on the Ipad2 on some sites as well, so that wasn't really a comparison after all too.

What made my mind up was I booked 2 flights on the web, one on the Galaxy tab and one on the Ipad2. Since the majority of my time with these things is going to be sitting back in the recliner at night and surfing the web and stuff, speed in my slow dial up world, was very important to me. If the ipad2 was faster at that, then I'm keeping it even plain as it is. Well the Galaxy was faster even with all the widgets/app and junk I loaded on it. So the decision was over.

Again, I can see why Ipad is so popular with the young and also the older, and if I still had teenagers I'd probably get one of those for them. Way much less stuff for them to mess up and break, which is what I think Apple wants to keep it that way. Their popularity and reputation is exactly why I bought it to compare to make up my mind.

One last note, I have to mention that the Zagg Logitech keyboard/case I bought for use on the Ipad2 was awesome. I have pre-ordered it on the Logitech website for the Galaxay tab 10.1. It worked so well even with fat fingers and also helps protect it alot when you close the case.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their opinions and advice on here. It's a great forum and best to all you guys!

I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you on the forum we discussed that we discussed before. I and others will be more than happy to help anyway we can. I personally start threads about different apps that I've found useful or just cool, one of which being a camera app called Vignette. I agree the stock camera is a little too vivid, whereas Vignette takes a more natural photo
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Most reactions

Latest posts