What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi I'm new to this forum :)

OP
M

morphnavi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup I got to know but my iPad was accidentally damaged two months a go at the bottom right corner, so I won't b a issue if I get to apple care right and I've under warranty still.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
naveenipad said:
Can anyone reply for my question please.

I'm not sure by your last reply if you do have Apple Care + or not....if you do you can claim under this warranty, if not this may be a problem.

As you have damaged your iPad already your warranty could already be voided because of this.

But try these steps which will recalibrate your home button.

Step 1: Launch one of the stock apps on your iDevice (Weather, iTunes, Stocks, etc.).

Step 2: Press and hold the power button until you see the “slide to power off” prompt, then release the power button.

Step 3: Press and hold your home button until the the “slide to power off” prompt disappears and the app force quits.

You should now be on your home screen and your home button should be recalibrated! Recalibrating your home button this way will work on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If this doesn't work try a reset
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

Please do not bump one of your posts to gain attention, our Rules state that this is only permissible once after 48 hours.

OP
M

morphnavi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the steps which you had given but no use, the app is not quitting n neither the hard reset is working. Can u give me any other solution please bcoz without home button ipad is nothing. :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
naveenipad said:
I tried the steps which you had given but no use, the app is not quitting n neither the hard reset is working. Can u give me any other solution please bcoz without home button ipad is nothing. :(

You can try the Assistive Touch feature which will put the home button on your screen. Settings - General - accessibility - Assistive Touch. You can also create new gestures here also.

OP
M

morphnavi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's working. So if my iPad is accidentally damaged then it's void warranty right?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
naveenipad said:
It's working. So if my iPad is accidentally damaged then it's void warranty right?

From what I know it does, especially a drop as this has the potential to knock something loose inside the iPad.

I don't know how you've damaged your iPad but you could try Apple and see what they say........

OP
M

morphnavi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've to bcoz I don't have any choice. Thank you leelai for helping me :)

Most reactions

Latest posts