What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, new iPad owner, happy but for 1 thing.....

Rowena Murphy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lovely new iPad my amazing patient got for my birthday and I am currently studying html (right at the beginning tho) so I can have a bespoke website for my upholstery business. But I can not find a decent html editor for iPad, I’ve tried JSANYWHERE, and each file is a:separate site and you can’t connect, visual html eye which is totall pants yet I paid for it, and html + html 5 which is the best but for some reason won’t let me put a table in I’ve spent hours reading reviews and even the really expensive ones have awful ones and hours on each app loading files and trying to make them work. I’d say i’m At my wits end but actually i’m Just really p****d off

Can you Help me please lovely people?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of iPad Rowena. I am not sure what it is you’re looking for or doing, but most apps for iPad are found on the App Store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The best (I’m told) text based website editor is Coda. It’s also the most expensive. Whether it fits your needs, I don’t know. I’m not familiar with any of the apps or services you mentioned.

For other apps search the App Store for Code Editor (not HTML Editor). Most code editors will properly parse HTML. Read the discriptions to be sure.

It is not necessary to know html (or any other web coding) to create a basic commerce site. Services like Squarespace, GoDaddy, Weebly, and many others will let you create and personalize a website with the usual business features.

I maintain a GoDaddy site for my club, and franklhy don’t recommend it. At least not their basic web-based editor.

Squarespace is the most advertized and recommended in the bloggs I read, but can not be edited from the iPad (to the best of my knowledge.

Weebly has an iPad app, and I found it reasonably easy to manage; but I’ve neve added any comercial features like stores, payments, etc.

I’m not trying to discourage you from learning HTML. I created some of my first sites using nothing but HTML. But if your primary purpose is to get a site up and running for your business, you don’t need to know HTML. Besides, you can’t really create a modern looking site with jsut HTML. You also need CSS, Javascript, and a few other tools to roll out a modern website.

If you do want to roll your own, then Wordpress is something you should probably look into.

Goodluck.

OP
R

Rowena Murphy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of iPad Rowena. I am not sure what it is you’re looking for or doing, but most apps for iPad are found on the App Store.
The best (I’m told) text based website editor is Coda. It’s also the most expensive. Whether it fits your needs, I don’t know. I’m not familiar with any of the apps or services you mentioned.

For other apps search the App Store for Code Editor (not HTML Editor). Most code editors will properly parse HTML. Read the discriptions to be sure.

It is not necessary to know html (or any other web coding) to create a basic commerce site. Services like Squarespace, GoDaddy, Weebly, and many others will let you create and personalize a website with the usual business features.

I maintain a GoDaddy site for my club, and franklhy don’t recommend it. At least not their basic web-based editor.

Squarespace is the most advertized and recommended in the bloggs I read, but can not be edited from the iPad (to the best of my knowledge.

Weebly has an iPad app, and I found it reasonably easy to manage; but I’ve neve added any comercial features like stores, payments, etc.

I’m not trying to discourage you from learning HTML. I created some of my first sites using nothing but HTML. But if your primary purpose is to get a site up and running for your business, you don’t need to know HTML. Besides, you can’t really create a modern looking site with jsut HTML. You also need CSS, Javascript, and a few other tools to roll out a modern website.

If you do want to roll your own, then Wordpress is something you should probably look into.

Goodluck.
thanks, i’ve

Goodluck.

Thanks, for replying. I have looked at coda but it has had some bad reviews since the latest up date. I am not intrested in using a template website as I do bespoke work so want a bespoke website. I’m in no hurry to get it up and running as I have a Facebook page which is getting me enough work at the moment. Searching for a code editor is a great idea, so will definitely try that thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks, i’ve

Thanks, for replying. I have looked at coda but it has had some bad reviews since the latest up date. I am not intrested in using a template website as I do bespoke work so want a bespoke website. I’m in no hurry to get it up and running as I have a Facebook page which is getting me enough work at the moment. Searching for a code editor is a great idea, so will definitely try that thanks again.

No problem. Please let us know what you settle on, and why. It will help other’s with similar needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts