What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey there! iPad Pro Artist Here!

zilchfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just stumbled upon this site, and thought it looked interesting, so figured I'd register and stick around hopefully! A little bit about my rig...

- iPad Pro 12.9"
- 32GB Storage
- Wi-Fi only model
- Space Grey
- iOS 9.3.3 Justin Bieber'd
- ZAGG Slim Book Keyboard Case
- Apple Pencil

I'm also an artist! I haven't done much on it yet as I only just got this today, but I did draw my avatar on it with an app called Medibang Paint, an awesome free art drawing program!

I'm also open to other app suggestions for art or animation! I'm unaware of any animating apps but would love to try some out!

I also work at a certain fruit stand...but that's a secret!

Thanks for having me, and looking forward to being around!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not an artist, but I like to play with the drawing apps now and then. You've probably already heard of most of these apps, but you asked, so here I go.

The most popular apps apps, those used by profesionals, are SketchBook and Procreate. Both have large collections of brushes, are constantly updated, and support the Apple Pencil. Neither are free.

Sketch Club has more features (some really odd), a huge collecion of user created brushes, supports the Apple Pencil, and it's free. It's also tied to a social network/forum that encourages sharing and learning together. However it's UI is not as clean and profesional as the top two apps, and updates are less frequent.

For simulating the look and feel of traditional drawing/painting tools; ArtRage is worth checking out.

For quick sketching of ideas, Adobe Sketch is handy. If you use the othe Adobe apps (which I mostly don't) you can easily export the sketches for further work in that enviroment.

There are many other drawing apps, but these are the ones I've settled on over time. But remember, I'm not a profesional atists, so my criteria may differ drasticallyt from yours.

Most reactions

Latest posts