What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's my new Mini..

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately I exchanged it with the iPad air 2 because the Mini screen is a little small for reading books and browsing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I exchanged it with the iPad air 2 because the Mini screen is a little small for reading books and browsing.
The iPad Air 2 is a very good choice. I received mine last Friday. You certainly don't want to spend the next year or so forcing yourself to use something you're not fully comfortable with.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah you're right. I spent two weeks researching on a mini before I bought it, and only took an hour to know that it's not the right device for me. As for the iPad air 2, I just love it.

ReneAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there --
Congrats on your iPad 3!!! Wow, that's great.
I see you started with the iPad 1 - and I just got that (actually should be delivered this week).
So I know who to go to if (when) I need help!!

Rene

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi there --
Congrats on your iPad 3!!! Wow, that's great.
I see you started with the iPad 1 - and I just got that (actually should be delivered this week).
So I know who to go to if (when) I need help!!

Rene
You mean you just got the ipad1?

ReneAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Yes, the iPad mini 1. Just got it a couple of days ago and love it. (my first Apple product)
So nice and light (compared to my Kindle Fire). I'm still learning my way around, but so far so good.
Got the Kindle apps, and connected it to my Amazon account.
I think I need to read through the manual though for the things not so obvious... ;)....

Oh, got a notification to upgrade to 8.1.2. (It came with 8.1, and it's working perfectly.)
I'm leery about upgrading, since I know upgrading at times can cause problems.
Should I?

Rene

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8.1.2 is mainly bug fixes and shouldn't cause problems. Most users have no problem with the update. If you want, you could do the update through iTunes on your computer.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys, It's a big jump from ipad1. It has 8.1, really looks good with games. The gold color is different, it's nice. Should I update to 8.1.1?
Sounds very pricey but am jealous. Also, the mini 3 is supposed to be much better than original mini...that's why it costs so much more.lol
Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts