What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's my new Mini..

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got my new Mini 3 wifi + cellular 64gb in gold. Still in in box and almost afraid to touch it, it looks delicate. I also have this Khomo Case to start with, hope it'll last for a while. Any recommendation for a case that has clear back with sleep/wake on the front? thanks

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new iPad Mini 3!
Just got my new Mini 3 wifi + cellular 64gb in gold. Still in in box and almost afraid to touch it, it looks delicate. I also have this Khomo Case to start with, hope it'll last for a while.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NICE!! You didn't get the 24k plated ipad. That's ok because you would then need a gold plated case lol. What version did that come with, 8.1.1?
Ya that's really NICE. I do like the mini's

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys, It's a big jump from ipad1. It has 8.1, really looks good with games. The gold color is different, it's nice. Should I update to 8.1.1?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got my new Mini 3 wifi + cellular 64gb in gold. Still in in box and almost afraid to touch it, it looks delicate. I also have this Khomo Case to start with, hope it'll last for a while. Any recommendation for a case that has clear back with sleep/wake on the front? thanks
It's always an exciting moment in unboxing a new Apple device. Great choice that Mini... I'm sure you'll enjoy it!:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, It's a big jump from ipad1. It has 8.1, really looks good with games. The gold color is different, it's nice. Should I update to 8.1.1?
That's up to you, but it should work better, as each update is tweaked to make it a little better than the previous one. My iPad Air 2 came with iOS 8.1 and I updated it yesterday.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We'll I need to get it replaced. I just started to put in the case and I notice a little dark spot. If you look on the left side of the camera, there's a dark spot that wouldn't come off even rubbing it hard with alcohol. It bothers me, hopefully they have one in stock.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll I need to get it replaced. I just started to put in the case and I notice a little dark spot. If you look on the left side of the camera, there's a dark spot that wouldn't come off even rubbing it hard with alcohol. It bothers me, hopefully they have one in stock.
That barely visible spot is supposed to be there, it's the ambient light sensor which adjusts the display brightness to suit the ambient light levels. Look real close and you'll see it's not a solid spot but is made up of very fine dots. There's no need to return the iPad.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that too and thought it was a water drop mark. I kept trying to wipe it off until I realized it was part of the device features!

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok because it really bothers me. Can you show me a picture of yours with the spot? thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That barely visible spot is supposed to be there, it's the ambient light sensor which adjusts the display brightness to suit the ambient light levels. Look real close and you'll see it's not a solid spot but is made up of very fine dots. There's no need to return the iPad.

What device feature? before I take it back.
The ambient light sensor, as I mentioned in my previous post.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanks whew! that's saves time and embarrassment. Now I hope I didn't drop to much alcohol into the camera:)

Most reactions

Latest posts