What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heres an overlooked reason why ipad in general has 78% of the tablet market share

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
I think the idea came from God himself... If I remember well, he gave two iPad to Moses on the mountain. Probably prototypes as they seemed a bit heavy... ;)

VicoPad addict!

I never use text lingo, but, OMG!

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I hadn't seen this thread when I posted my own about buying an iPad2 for my 22 month old grandson.

He is using it as a learning tool as well as a toy.

On the other hand, I use it as a productivity tool (as well as a toy!).

It's a very versatile thing. In my opinion a real revolutionary device!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
There are a lot more tablet pcs in the market than iPad variants

The key word here being "viable": you can have a bajillion other tablets out there, but if none of them even come close to the functionality, weight, battery life and breadth and depth of available apps on the iPad, then there really is no competition, is there?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
There are a lot more tablet pcs in the market than iPad variants

The key word here being "viable": you can have a bajillion other tablets out there, but if none of them even come close to the functionality, weight, battery life and breadth and depth of available apps on the iPad, then there really is no competition, is there?

This is very true ~ and this is what is happening, right?

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 5-year old niece uses my iPad all of the time. She is very careful, more so than many adults I know. I do make her sit on the floor on a carpet though to avoid drops. (Not all young kids are little tornados. I'm happy to let her use it and she is quite good at many of the games, switching applications and sending me emails. )

I think it's great device for young people. It *is* expensive, but unlike other toys a kid won't outgrow it or get bored with it-- there's always new content.

My niece had a bad brush with cancer, and she lost much of her eyesight, unlike a desktop computer she can hold it close enough to he face to see what's on the screen.

I plan on buying her one of her own some day.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 5-year old niece uses my iPad all of the time. She is very careful, more so than many adults I know. I do make her sit on the floor on a carpet though to avoid drops. (Not all young kids are little tornados. I'm happy to let her use it and she is quite good at many of the games, switching applications and sending me emails. )

I think it's great device for young people. It *is* expensive, but unlike other toys a kid won't outgrow it or get bored with it-- there's always new content.

My niece had a bad brush with cancer, and she lost much of her eyesight, unlike a desktop computer she can hold it close enough to he face to see what's on the screen.

Post of the day. Love it. Thanks for sharing!:)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is very true ~ and this is what is happening, right?

Above all these factors, the biggest push factor to the iPad, I think, is simply the product itself as a "brand", much like the iPhone or iPod. That is, many people buy the iPad simply because, well, it's the iPad, and everyone and his pet goldfish has one (as opposed to, say, reaching a deliberate, informed decision after carefully researching all the other various tablets available out there.)

The amount of "audience mindshare" that Apple products occupy in the general public is simply astounding. The sheer popularity of iPads (and to some extent, iPhones and iPods) as mid-priced incentive, contest or lucky draw gifts is a strong sign of this.

Last edited:

Chaquan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is basically a great user experience. A freak is not necessary to enjoy Apple products. Even in the IPAD is the "first" in the market, the real tablets, many other companies trying to market before the mobile device ...

**Rae**

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Best post!

My niece uses my iPad. She is 8. She is not allowed to walk around with it or use it when I'm not around to supervise content. She treats it with respect because she wants to use it again.

I am planning to buy my husband an iPad for his birthday for similar reasons to your niece. He has lost a good portion of his vision due to a stroke and using his laptop has become a chore.

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Toys?!! We Brits had to make do with cardboard boxes to play with!!

Tim

I am nearly 12 and am also British. I would just like to ask 'how did u live without tech!!' technology is AMAZING !!! And yes, if u were wondering this is MY iPad and would just like to point out, it is extremely child friendly and I am currently learning Spanish on it.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Bribrianna said:
I am nearly 12 and am also British. I would just like to ask 'how did u live without tech!!' technology is AMAZING !!! And yes, if u were wondering this is MY iPad and would just like to point out, it is extremely child friendly and I am currently learning Spanish on it.

be glad that you never had to suffer the spectrum 48k, the days of loading games from a tape, only to find out the volume as wrong and you had to rinse and repeat until it loaded....

ah... those were the days.....not! lol

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
be glad that you never had to suffer the spectrum 48k, the days of loading games from a tape, only to find out the volume as wrong and you had to rinse and repeat until it loaded....

ah... those were the days.....not! lol

Haha yeah, I am so glad the world has moved on from tapes..... And by the way, what is 48k??

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Toys?!! We Brits had to make do with cardboard boxes to play with!!

Tim

This is awesome to hear!

Most reactions

Latest posts