What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here’s What Features Your iDevice Gets With iOS 6

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Source: http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/19/ios-6-is-now-available-heres-what-features-your-idevice-gets/

tumy4ery.jpg

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And here is what is inexplicably still missing on the iPad:

- Weather (especially now with Notification Center integration on iPhone)
- Stocks (especially now with Notification Center integration on iPhone)
- Calculator

Why does Apple think iPad users do not like these features? If I replace these with App store apps I will get free apps littered with ads or paid apps for items that should be included.

OP
Bluray

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And here is what is inexplicably still missing on the iPad:

- Weather (especially now with Notification Center integration on iPhone)
- Stocks (especially now with Notification Center integration on iPhone)
- Calculator

Why does Apple think iPad users do not like these features? If I replace these with App store apps I will get free apps littered with ads or paid apps for items that should be included.
I guess it's Apples way of saying, you take what I give mate. Which is damn annoying.

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it's Apples way of saying, you take what I give mate. Which is damn annoying.

What bugs me most is the fact that iOS being run on the iPhone, iPad, iPod is supposed to bring uniformity across the devices. Which makes it strange why you would specifically omit certain features from one device and not the other.

Take Passbook for example. Why not on the iPad? I agree it is probably less useful on the iPad, but is that a good reason to just take it out? Or Panorama for the camera? The iPad has a pretty nice camera for a mobile device. Why take that feature out?

Aggravating but the way it is...still love the iPad but a bit miffed we didn't get it all.

On a positive note, the clock is back! I was able to delete two apps that I had for stop-watch/timer function.

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wanako said:
No passbook and panorama on iPad 3?? Damn it all! I was actually looking forward to Panorama!

And with Mondaine considering legal action against Apple for using their iconic watch design without permission for the clock app, we may get that one removed for iOS7 as well. Stripping features between these devices is really weak...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weather and calculators can be had for free without a bunch of ads. What I am hoping for is improvement in ways to analyze apps for their functionality.

Most reactions