What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here come the iPad 2 apps

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next "Real Racing 2 HD" game update will be full 1080p, 30fps, 16x9 (no black bars) on the iPad 2. The race will display (via HDMIi adaptor) on your 1080p Plasma/LCD TV, while controls and telemetry will appear on the iPad. Can't wait to run this on my 60" plasma! :)

Meanwhile, the current version will run with fullscreen anti-aiasing and reflections, high detail objects and surfaces on the iPad 2, but...

"For iPad, Real Racing 2 HD will “step down†to support the processing and graphical capabilities of the device."

Real Racing 2 HD dev promises true 1080p output in update | MacNN

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not trying to be argumentative, but how can the IPad 2 have no black bars on it's display at a 16:9 ratio, when it's screen is 4:3 ratio?

Reaction score
chevyguy said:
Not trying to be argumentative, but how can the IPad 2 have no black bars on it's display at a 16:9 ratio, when it's screen is 4:3 ratio?

From how I read the description, it means that there are no black bars on the TV. Current apps usually have black bars on external 16:9 screens,, as they are made for a 4:3 display.

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mite have to get the game just because of the cool factor of using the iPad as the steering wheel. This is really a great step forward for getting apple into the gaming market. Can't wait to see what's next

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Asphalt6 HD a lot more fun and better graphics. I was gonna try out real racing hd2 on my ipad1 but kept reading reviews how it looks worse on ipad1 than the original real racing hd. Maybe they fixed it now. Can anyone confirm this? That's a big download to install only to find out it's garbage.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Demandarin,

I'm looking for a good racing game. Why do you say Asphalt 6 is better? Are the controls easier to use? Why is it more fun?

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Asphalt6 HD a lot more fun and better graphics. I was gonna try out real racing hd2 on my ipad1 but kept reading reviews how it looks worse on ipad1 than the original real racing hd. Maybe they fixed it now. Can anyone confirm this? That's a big download to install only to find out it's garbage.

When I had my iPad 1 I ran the original Real Racer. It looked and performed pretty well. The current version of Real Racer 2 HD is a whole new technology on the iPad 2. The entire screen (on the iPad) has antialiasing, reflections, shapes, shadows, etc. are nearly photorealistic. The steering response on the iPAd 2 is much better than it was on my iPad 1 due to the use of the gyroscope, and the developers say that the graphics are throttled down on the iPad 1 so it might not be worth the cost of the app unless you have the new iPad.

The next version will be the killer app on the iPad 2 as it will be the first 1080p, 30fps, 16x9 (when output to a plasma or LCD TV) app available for tablet gaming.

Most reactions