What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Racing 2 HD Updated To Provide True 1080p HDTV Output Via iPad 2

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALKm0Leuc7c]YouTube - Real Racing 2 HD - 1080p Video Out Demo[/ame]​

Firemint announced today that it has finally released its long awaited update for Real Racing 2 HD, which brings with it true, full-screen 1080p output to HDMI-compliant displays, only possible via the iPad 2, the Apple Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable. Once connected, you can scream your way around the track at an awesome 30 frames per second, execute precision overtakes and blaze across the finish line with every detail rendered at 1920 x 1080 resolution. And it’s not just the visuals that have been impressively fine-tuned to suit the iPad 2 either, as the iPad 2’s gyroscope enables you to control your car with unerring accuracy.

Another cool feature of hooking up the game to your TV in this way is getting to use your iPad 2 as an extra screen running real-time telemetry, giving you complete awareness of your position, speed and lap time. Looks very cool, and bound to sell a few more iPad 2s!

Source: Firemint

Reaction score
Looks great.

But after doing some test drives, I decided that it is not for me. The resolution is 1080p, but imo Firemint should have gone for a lower resolution, at the same aspect ratio, but with more details. Playing in 1080p really shows that the graphics isn't top-notch.

It seems that the 1080p feature is more prestige, then useful. Still one of the best racing games though.

Reaction score
Nickso said:
Just played it in HD. Looks pretty good, but the display on the iPad is hard to use since you have to look down.
I need a longer HDMI cable so I can sit on the couch and not the floor.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

It is slightly complicated. Looking down on the iPad screen easily results in a crash. So the only real option is to lift the iPad up.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just played it in HD. Looks pretty good, but the display on the iPad is hard to use since you have to look down.
I need a longer HDMI cable so I can sit on the couch and not the floor.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Move the couch or the TV or live with it

Trumpet444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only reason I want an ipad2. (no need for a camera, always carry a smartphone with me) I've gotten mirroring working on my ipad1 but I would assume it's a little more efficient with the 2.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 1080p, 30fps, HD video looks fantastic on my large plasma display. The quality of detail, lighting effects and resolution are stunning.

The iPad 2 graphics capabilities are awesome. Can't wait for more 1080p widescreen apps!

mlehman9436

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand the features of this fantastic game on ipad2. Sadly, I own an Ipad. Is there support on iPad for this game via AirPlay and therefore through Apple TV?

Most reactions

Latest posts