What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!

ShaunaSanterre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an i pad 2 for school, which is provided by the school brand new and i get to keep. I put on a griffin survivor case and now my i pad says the connect to i tunes. I connect it to itunes and its says i pad is in recovery mode...... whats recovery mode? it says to restore i pad. i click the restore button and it says to update IOS. The school does not want this update on the ipad. how can i restore my ipad without updating.. if possible

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the only way to restore your ipad is to the latest iOS version available, I will recommend you to take it to school and see what's there plan B for the issue.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your school powers want to control what is or is not done to the iPads, why don't they just take them all back to the Apple store where they bought them? Seems like the answer IMHO.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try a reset first.

Hold down both the power button and the home button until the Apple logo appears. Release the buttons and wait for the iPad to finish rebooting. You may have to try it a few times.

If this does not work then hand it over to your school's IT department. If they own the iPad then it's their problem. As long as there is no physical damage to the device they should have no issue with this. Devices fail, and that's what IT departments are paid to deal with.

It is also very likely that they have management software that will allow them to restore the iPad to the state they want it in.

Most reactions