What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Photo Albums

EnfieldCarpentry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if it is possible to create Albums inside other albums. Surely I am not the only person who can see a use for this? Or am I missing some other form of file management available on ipad regarding photos.

:confused::confused:

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point is that you arrange all the pictures on the Windows machine or Mac OS.

Personally I use the iPad to show pictures on, which is so awesome!
There are some functions that allow you to edit the pictures in the Photo app, but nothing that you should rely on.

Hope that helped a bit, I havent been messing around that much with the functions for the photos...

OP
E

EnfieldCarpentry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I get that you sort the files on a computer before transferring them to the ipad but when I put a file of photos inside another file of photos it just bunches them all together rather than creating another level of grouped photos ('albums')

Id like to be able to have an album of a certain kind of photo and inside that be able to split up different classes of photo groups. Hope this makes sense. :(

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I wish you could too, but you can't. My hope is that Apple updates the app and gives us that ability. Or, that a third party app comes out to work with photos that has better features. I really don't think the Photo app is all that good...

Bruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have at least 20 Albums with about 5000 pictures in my ipad as well as in my iphone. unfortunately I always had to re-synch all the albums to get everything.

Furthermore the order of the pictures in the albums is totally different when you view them in ipad. In the iphone I muse the pirst picture as a cover or identification. this does not work in iPad

Georges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Enfield

I am new to Mac and the Pad and you are correct it is not able to do folders I have spent hours looking for a solution (forget the apps there are none) and at the end I have to do the following:
1. Download to folder/sub folders as needed
2. do some minor editing (rotate/delete)
3. upload to Photoshop and edit
a. introduce titles done on PPT and frame grab as JPG
b. import into photoshop and rename to fit existing photo numbering scheme
c. change date and time as required to place photos in the correct sequence
4. upload to ipad and pray...

Results are as follows:

One file such as Ontario and within it titles (white with bright blue font) at the beginning of each series and so on.

It is primitive but I have learned that for now there is no other solution if you are seriously going to use the Pad for photos

:mad:

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might check out the app (photo sort for iPad) . It let's you create albums and put photos in them with a cover picture on the album. You can rename albums and photos and they will be sorted alphabetically. Works good for me and is well worth $1.99.

Most reactions

Latest posts