What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with basic GOOGLE browser functions

efiste2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not a fan of Safari so I prefer to use Google to browse the Internet, but can anyone show me how to bookmark favourite pages and see these bookmarks on the Google home screen, to make navigation easy,

Many thanks

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry can't answer your question but I'm glad that l am not the only one that does not like Safari.
Much prefer Chrome.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Im not a fan of Safari so I prefer to use Google to browse the Internet, but can anyone show me how to bookmark favourite pages and see these bookmarks on the Google home screen, to make navigation easy,........

First, you need to be more specific about which Google app you are using in your description above - going to the App Store on my iPad and entering 'Google' in the search menu generates numerous options, a number of which are on my device (see first image below).

Second, Google's web browser is called Chrome and bookmarks can be set/edited/deleted - so, I'll briefly described the use of that app and hope it's the one you are talking about? In the second image, I have opened the Chrome app and made 3 tabs as shown at the top - by pressing the 'star' next to the URL which turns blue and is stated to be 'bookmarked' at the bottom of the screen (see the connected white arrow); pressing the 'three dots' to the right will bring up the app's menu options (see third pic) - finally, if 'Bookmarks' is picked from the menu the last image appears showing the 3 bookmarks that I created. Hope this helps. Dave :)
Chrome1.PNG
Chrome2.PNG
Chrome3.PNG
Chrome4.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts