What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atomic Browser Full Screen Problem

rlr1834

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somehow...I have managed to lock the browser in full screen. The navigation bar and the area to enter a URL is not visible. The settings icon is not visible, so I am unable to access any settings to try to correct the problem. I might add that the 3 finger tap is designated to bring up bookmarks. I have e-mailed the developers for assistance, but have not received a reply. I suppose I could delete the browser app and try to reinstall it. I will lose all my bookmarks if I go that route.

I should have mentioned that I am using the paid app on a 2G iPad.

I hope someone can help me correct this problem. Thanks to anyone who thinks they may be able to help me!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When Atomic is in full screen mode there should be a semi-transparent icon at the lower right of the screen, a box with two arrows pointing inward. This will give you back the URL and other controls. To the left of that icon is one with a solid box on top of an empty box. This will toggle the tab bar on/off.

If these are not showing up I recommend trying the usual fixes (listed below), if you have not already done so.

-----------------------
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
R

rlr1834

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
When Atomic is in full screen mode there should be a semi-transparent icon at the lower right of the screen, a box with two arrows pointing inward. This will give you back the URL and other controls. To the left of that icon is one with a solid box on top of an empty box. This will toggle the tab bar on/off.

If these are not showing up I recommend trying the usual fixes (listed below), if you have not already done so.

-----------------------
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I DID try everything you suggested and the problem remains. I know about the icon with the two buttons pointed inward to exit full screen. That button, however, has disappeared. There is no way that I can make it visible again. Thanks again. I will continue working on it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I'm afraid I don't have any more ideas. You can export/import bookmarks in Atomic, but without the ability to get to the settings that won't help you.

You're probably going to have to delete and re-download it, or if you are really patient I suppose you could wait for the next update and see if that forces it back to normal.

You could also do a backup and restore after the app is downloaded again; however you risk a lot more going wrong than losing your bookmarks is likely to justify.

BTW, when I leave Atomic in full screen, it will return to the default mode when I have clear it from RAM. Another indicator that you're probably going to have to delete the app.

OP
R

rlr1834

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ok. I'm afraid I don't have any more ideas. You can export/import bookmarks in Atomic, but without the ability to get to the settings that won't help you.

You're probably going to have to delete and re-download it, or if you are really patient I suppose you could wait for the next update and see if that forces it back to normal.

You could also do a backup and restore after the app is downloaded again; however you risk a lot more going wrong than losing your bookmarks is likely to justify.

BTW, when I leave Atomic in full screen, it will return to the default mode when I have clear it from RAM. Another indicator that you're probably going to have to delete the app.

Got it fixed!!! When I tried to open it from a cold start, the navigation bar displayed for a second or two....just long enough for me to tap the settings button. After I got into the settings menu, I got the problem fixed. If other people have the same problem, we know how to fix it !!!

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts