What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Help]Why does iOS 6.1.2 update is not appearing in my iPad3?

xplore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a jailbroken iPad version 6.1.... since i updated to 6.1 then jailbreak i dont have any update for my device... im just worried that 6.1.2 is already out but not in my ipad3..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The evasi0n jailbreak prevents you from seeing any available update to IOS on your device because installing an update OTA on any jailbroken iPad will result in a complete failure.

You CANNOT update a JB device. You must choose to use the "restore" option using iTunes on a PC. Before you do that you should take a full backup so that it can be restored onto the device after the latest version of IOS has been installed.

OP
X

xplore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The evasi0n jailbreak prevents you from seeing any available update to IOS on your device because installing an update OTA on any jailbroken iPad will result in a complete failure.

You CANNOT update a JB device. You must choose to use the "restore" option using iTunes on a PC. Before you do that you should take a full backup so that it can be restored onto the device after the latest version of IOS has been installed.

thank you sir...case close :)

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you completely sure about this? I installed the cydia tweak NoUpdate right after jail breaking with evasi0n. So I could not have known this. But your saying there's a no update tweak built into the evasi0n jailbreak.

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you completely sure about this? I installed the cydia tweak NoUpdate right after jail breaking with evasi0n. So I could not have known this. But your saying there's a no update tweak built into the evasi0n jailbreak.

Is it safe to say if we have a device jail broken w/ Cydia, we can delete the NoUpdate tweak if installed?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, I am completely sure about this.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I am completely sure about this.

Seconded. IIRC, it even says it in the description somewhere. I'll get you the source.

EDIT: In the details in Cydia

Version 0.3-1 disables the OTA update daemons, so that the Settings app will not prompt you to update iOS to 6.1.1. (Note that OTA updates do not work on jailbroken devices

evasion_1_21.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts