What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help: regarding buying an ipad 2

t39charles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI, I need some help/suggestions here.
I am a college student(m/19) and i have an android phone and a home pc. I had a ps3 and 200$ so i was hoping to get a dr. Dre headphone for 200$, but while shopping, i saw amazon kindlefire and saw it as a really good material for my education use in my academics future. Then, i researched some, and as im not such big of a book worm and more of a app, news, games, vids guy, i saw that ipad2 was the best tablet now for a decent price. So, i wanted to get an ipad2 by selling my ps3 and few games which would overall give me 300$ and including what i already had, it will be enough to get an ipad2. But now, idk if i should get one or not as i already have an android with similar ability buy smaller, and i cant carry around ipad2 in my pocket and listen to music and stuff.
I am confused because people say that u can do lot more with netbook and way cheaper, its not portable-i think, i could get a dr.dre, netbook for same price.
What do u guys think? Have u guys ever been in similar situation or are in college? Everyone of your suggestiona would be very appreciated.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tradeoffs between a netbook and iPad for college: portability, whether you need a keyboard, whether you need Flash (which iPad doesn't support).

If it were me on a student budget, I'd stick with a netbook. (I have both, but am not a student.)

The Dr. Dre headphones seem badly made, I've read in reviews while considering a purchase. For the money, Bose is better, IMO. YMMV.

OP
T

t39charles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the bottom line is: is ipad2 worth to buy when you already have an android phone which is similar to iphone 4?
(In terms of portable)

OP
T

t39charles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Tradeoffs between a netbook and iPad for college: portability, whether you need a keyboard, whether you need Flash (which iPad doesn't support).

If it were me on a student budget, I'd stick with a netbook. (I have both, but am not a student.)

The Dr. Dre headphones seem badly made, I've read in reviews while considering a purchase. For the money, Bose is better, IMO. YMMV.

Do u carry around ur ipad2? Is it as used as ur netbook or phone outside or in home?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do u carry around ur ipad2? Is it as used as ur netbook or phone outside or in home?

I carry my iPad around sometimes, but I use mine mostly for entertainment. I have a portable keyboard, too, but if I want to do real work, I need at least a netbook. My netbook is older and slowish, though, so my laptop is better except for weight. Phone use on iPad is limited. I still use my iPhone.

I've barely used my netbook since I got an iPad, but again I'm using it for entertainment -- reading, surfing, movies.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts